Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Beata! Come chat with us on Discord.
The in-game year is 2054.
Join us at the Winter Formal!
The city is seeing a sharp spike in violent crime. It's not safe to walk alone.

Just trying to relax (OPEN)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
winter

winter

Just trying to relax (OPEN) Empty
PostSubject: Just trying to relax (OPEN)   Just trying to relax (OPEN) EmptyMon Jul 01, 2019 5:39 pm

Angenti sat down at a lonely bench early in the morning inside the courtyard. The sun was merely starting to peer out of the horizon. Chrome, his cat, sat beside him, staring out towards the distance. He had only been here for a while, but out of all the places he's been so far, Beata is a very big place, the courtyard was his favorite. It was so quiet and peaceful, and also really pretty. 'Maybe I can practice here...' he thought, reaching into his bag and pulling out a thin iron sheet in the shape of a square. He held the sheet in both of his hands. He concentrated hard on it, and then his gift activated, letting the iron fold over as if it was paper. Not breaking his focus, he bent the metal into a halve, though since the sheet was thin, it didn't make a loud and ear-grating sound. He folded it over and over, until it formed a traditional paper crane, except, well... he supposed it was an iron crane. Finally, he could release his focus. 'Heh, not bad...' he thought to himself, smiling at the crane.
Back to top Go down
Coon

Coon

PostSubject: Re: Just trying to relax (OPEN)   Just trying to relax (OPEN) EmptyWed Jul 03, 2019 12:26 pm

"Woah.." Jin's voice filled their otherwise silent air, before his hand shot up to cover his mouth in slight panic. He didn't want his gift to effect others, and he wasn't one to let his emotions slip past like that but this time he clearly didn't think. He had been woken up early by something and decided to go for a walk to clear his mind when he came across the student bending metal to his will. He should have been used to the sight of students using their gifts seeing how they were all over the place now but he couldn't help it, it was still pretty amazing. He recollected himself and dropped his hand.
Back to top Go down
winter

winter

PostSubject: Re: Just trying to relax (OPEN)   Just trying to relax (OPEN) EmptyWed Jul 03, 2019 3:24 pm

Argenti flinched. He didn't realize someone else was here. Was he that focused? "Oh, I didn't mean to wake you up, sorry about that..." he scratched the back of his head. He then held up the crane so that the other guy could see. "It's origami, which means folded paper, although I use metal, so I guess it isn't exactly origami..." he said. He never really was the most confident when it comes to talking. "That's my power, you see, I can bend and move metals. I feel like doing origami is a nice way to practice it in a relaxing way." he added, Chrome coming up to his side and calmly watching Jin. He started to scratch Chrome's head, "My name's Argenti by the way, what's yours?"
Back to top Go down
Coon

Coon

PostSubject: Re: Just trying to relax (OPEN)   Just trying to relax (OPEN) EmptyWed Jul 03, 2019 7:49 pm

Jin blinked for a moment woke him up? "Ah no. You didn't wake me up so don't worry about it. I just couldn't sleep." When Argenti held out the crane, Jin thought at first it was just gray paper, but on closer inspection it was actually metal like the guy had explained. Oh man that was pretty neat. "My name is Jin." He stated in a neutral tone. His voice remaining somewhat flat. He didn't want to sway any emotions. He hoped that Argenti didn't ask about his gift. It was always comfortable explaining he could control others emotions with his voice, especially seeing how he was untrained. "And I can see how origami would be relaxing."
Back to top Go down
winter

winter

PostSubject: Re: Just trying to relax (OPEN)   Just trying to relax (OPEN) EmptyWed Jul 03, 2019 8:28 pm

"Yeah, I guess it is..." Argenti said. His cat, a silver male with blue eyes, then jumped onto the armrest of the bench, staring at Jin. "Oh, this is Chrome by the way," he ran his head down Chrome's back. He wasn't exactly sure what to ask, he never really was the one to make small talk. "So uh, are you new here as well?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Coon

Coon

PostSubject: Re: Just trying to relax (OPEN)   Just trying to relax (OPEN) EmptyTue Jul 09, 2019 8:49 pm

Jin looked down at the cat standing on the armrest of the bench. The silver cat was certainly cute. Chrome brought the slightest of smiles to Jin's face, thought it was hard to notice. The new students eyes returned back to Argenti as soon as he spoke up again. "Yeah. I just got here... I think it was a week ago? Something like that." Jin said, his tone changing somewhat slightly to express not remembering but other than that remained neutral. "Still trying to get used to it all." He remarked, remembering just a moment ago he was amazed with the other students gift.
Back to top Go down
winter

winter

PostSubject: Re: Just trying to relax (OPEN)   Just trying to relax (OPEN) EmptyTue Jul 09, 2019 9:07 pm

Argenti smiled a little bit. "Yeah, it is pretty strange to see so many other people with powers," he said, "It was strange just to see my own. I mean, my first outbreak was when I was cooking and I went to pick up a knife then the blade suddenly turned around and, well...". He held his hand up off of Chrome, revealing an inch long scar stretching across his palm. It was nothing horrific, but it still was there."Though I guess there's gotta be some form of drawback to having a power like that," he shrugged. Chrome jumped onto his lap and pushed his forehead up against Argenti's chin. Putting his hand back down to scratch behind Chrome's ear, he looked back at Jin. "So, uh... What's your gift?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Coon

Coon

PostSubject: Re: Just trying to relax (OPEN)   Just trying to relax (OPEN) EmptyMon Jul 15, 2019 10:32 pm

Jin couldn't help but flinch when the boy mentioned the knife incident even showing the scar caused by it. He took a moment to make sure his emotions were under wrap before he spoke again not wanting to cause any emotion in the other student. "Well.. I.. uh... He spoke trying to find a way to avoid mentioning his gift. His eyes shying away, one of his hands reaching up to his ear before switching and rubbing the back of his neck a bit before his hand fell back to his side. There was no use in hiding it. He should have expected the question so he would have been prepared to lie but he let his guard down. "I can control others emotions with my voice." He stated, his voice coming out flat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just trying to relax (OPEN)   Just trying to relax (OPEN) Empty

Back to top Go down

Just trying to relax (OPEN)
Page 1 of 1