Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Beata! Come chat with us on Discord.
The in-game year is 2054.
Join us at the Winter Formal!
The city is seeing a sharp spike in violent crime. It's not safe to walk alone.

Pool's Open

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wild

Wild

Pool's Open Empty
PostSubject: Pool's Open   Pool's Open EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 8:01 pm

Percy was sitting in the bottom of the pool, completely dry, almost peacefully meditating. The water was his go-to place when he needed some peace or a place to think. Sometimes, rarely, he wished that he could get wet without having to focus on actually getting wet. One of the downsides to his gift. But, at least he could breathe underwater. His gift was both a blessing and a curse. He sighed deeply, unable to focus on any one thought process. Not much thinking would be done today. But at least it was quiet, and, as far as he knew, no other water-breathers were around. He just hoped that nobody would think he was drowning.
Back to top Go down
Shadras

Shadras

Pool's Open Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pool's Open   Pool's Open EmptyWed Jan 02, 2019 10:46 pm

Durran dove, less clothed than he usually was but still having enough furs to make people wonder if heat bothered him, into the water. His continued refusal to wear the school uniform befuddled his teachers as much as their demanding him to wear it befuddled him. Just like having this much water heated in the middle of winter. Not sure if that's natural, overridin' Jack Frost's power like this, he thought, but till I get a good read on it, I may as well enjoy it.

He had class, but "English" seemed to be merely teaching the excessive use of the language, and no one had yet to give a solid explanation as to the point of it when he could already speak and write coherently. As such, Durran skipped the class to work on something more important. Swimming, naturally. Still, he wished someone knew more about 'seeing fire,' than he did. Sure, there were a number of other people who had visions, but none were able to answer what his Great-Nan had told him. Not much to do but keep at it. Maybe figure out how to get some students outside more. Go hiking, or something.

Seeing Percy at the bottom of the pool, Durran's natural curiosity and friendliness was sparked. Taking a deep breath, he dove down and, weighted by his furs, sat opposite Percy, and waved. At the very least, being in a place of some many powers meant that there was always something interesting around the corner.
Back to top Go down
Wild

Wild

Pool's Open Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pool's Open   Pool's Open EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 3:49 pm

Percy waved back with a smile. Finally, someone who didn't freak out and assume he was drowning! He would've tried to speak but his voice, even undampened by the water, wouldn't be able to travel easily through the water. He pointed upwards and started to float in his current position towards the surface. Since they weren't freaking out Perce was pretty okay with introducing himself.
Back to top Go down
Shadras

Shadras

Pool's Open Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pool's Open   Pool's Open EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 10:14 pm

Durran followed the lad's gesture and gently swam his way to the surface. Completely unperturbed by the other teen's hasty decent into the water and his equally rapid resurface. Given that he was still capable of speech, Durran felt that there was no need to worry. However, not wanting to be rude, he addressed him as well as the underwater fellow when he spoke. "Greetings," he amicably began, "how might ye two be doin' today? Either of ye know what's in the water? Tastes a might bit strange, yet it looks so clear. Burns a bit too, so to speak."

As he spoke, Durran's powerful and scared tread the water. Seemingly unaffected by the weight of the furs that tried to suck his body down. Simply put, the young man saw no reason why conversation should interrupt his practice, and endeavored to keep at it. Speakin' of water, he thought. Then said, "yer power seems ta be a neato one. Not that I've meant someone who's power that wasn't neat. Still, I imagine it's quite relaxing to be be able ta sit at the bottom of the pool. Bet it's useful for fishing.
Back to top Go down
Wild

Wild

Pool's Open Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pool's Open   Pool's Open EmptySun Jan 13, 2019 6:41 pm

"That would be the chlorine. Supposed to keep the water clean." he explained to the boy with the accent. He smiled at the compliment to his power and chuckled at the boy who gave him the response he usually got to him sitting on the bottom of a pool. "You'll notice that I am completely dry and can breathe underwater. The glory of being a waterbender I guess." he addressed both the boys. "And yeah, it has come in handy when I went fishing with my uncle"
Back to top Go down
Shadras

Shadras

Pool's Open Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pool's Open   Pool's Open EmptyWed Jan 16, 2019 8:39 am

"Fi, if they call that clean water then they must ne'er had spring snow melt! Which is strange, to be sure, as there be plenty o' snow here. That tis clean and fresh water," switching his focus to the other lad, Durran continued, "No, tis not common from where I'm from. Fact, not much I've seen here is strictly common at home. Though, I did meet a talking bear once. Might have been a person who turned into one, now that I think. Or perhaps it was a bear who had the power to speak my tongue. Or, ha!, perhaps it was simply a very intelligent bear!"

The thought gave him a hearty set of guffaws, causing him to briefly bobbed beneath the surface. Popping up again and shaking his head like a dog, Durran said, "But I fear I stole to target of your question. What about you, lad? Many waterbenders from yer origin?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pool's Open Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pool's Open   Pool's Open Empty

Back to top Go down

Pool's Open
Page 1 of 1