Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Beata! Come chat with us on Discord.
The in-game year is 2054.
Join us at the Winter Formal!
The city is seeing a sharp spike in violent crime. It's not safe to walk alone.

Souls and Spines [Open-ish]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Honey Badger

Honey Badger

Souls and Spines [Open-ish] Empty
PostSubject: Souls and Spines [Open-ish]   Souls and Spines [Open-ish] EmptyThu Sep 20, 2018 3:15 pm

Morgan sat curled up on one of the couches, flipping through the pages of a book he had picked up at random he waited for his brother to arrive. It felt...Weird, not seeing him a whole lot anymore. Sure they both went to Beata but they were in different houses, different floors and it was just a bit harder to do meet ups. But, luckily they had managed to iron out a time that worked for the both of them. In fact, he was so excited that it was making focus about reading a bit challenging. He was just so eager to see his brother again, one of the few people he easily felt comfortable around despite his gift. Then again, he was a bit used to the necromancy from their mother.
Back to top Go down
Shadow

Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Souls and Spines [Open-ish]   Souls and Spines [Open-ish] EmptyThu Sep 20, 2018 4:18 pm

The door to the lounge opened and just as quickly closed followed by several cautious footsteps. With curious yet cautious eyes, Jeremy looked around the room, secretly astounded by what he saw. The billiard table, the giant television, several couches and chairs that littered the floor looked like the coolest room to hang out in. However, part of it almost looked too big. Like it could fit way too many people in here at once. Clutching at his hoodie as he rounded one of the couches, he carefully sat down, making sure that none of the quills on his body hidden underneath his clothes caught on either his own pants or on the couch. However, it wasn't until he was nice and comfortable that he turned and saw that there was someone else in the room. When his eyes landed on Morgan, the poor boy nearly did a double take before his stress level shot up. How did he not see this guy sooner? This wasn't good. Hopefully he wouldn't scare this guy off with his... deformity.

"Hey..." He said passively, halfway hoping that the conversation and any recognition of the other person would end right then and there. All Jeremy wanted to do was take a quick rest in the midst of his independent school tour before heading home.
Back to top Go down
Coon

Coon

PostSubject: Re: Souls and Spines [Open-ish]   Souls and Spines [Open-ish] EmptyThu Sep 20, 2018 4:33 pm

"Diego! Come back!" A boy shouted before a skeleton cat came busting through the doors. Another teen came bursting into the doors following the cat. "He isn't in herrr..... er yes he is. Thanks Diego." Hieta said as he noticed his brother sitting on the couch, Diego already making his way into the younger brothers lap. "Sorry I'm a bit late, Diego had me running all over the place." The black haired student said a sheepish smile on his face.

Though Diego had told him there was another person in the room. Red eyes looked over to the other boy hiding in his hood, looking pretty nervous. "Oh! Who are you?" The Autumn boy asked. He didn't want to scare anyone. He was just generally being friendly.
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger

Honey Badger

PostSubject: Re: Souls and Spines [Open-ish]   Souls and Spines [Open-ish] EmptyThu Sep 20, 2018 5:05 pm

Morgan jumped at the voice because as even as passive and quiet it was, he had completely failed to notice the other kid enter the room. As a flicker of flame left his mouth, he glanced up, staring at the boy that was hiding in his hoodie as he lowered his book. "Oh!" he said, opening his mouth to say more when movement caught his attention as the familiar skeletal form of a cat came darting in. "Diego!" he chirped happily at the sight of the undead cat, happily shifting his book away from his lap to give the bony cat room to hop on.

Once the cat had settled down, he made sure to give him a nice series of scratch on the top of his skull as his brother entered the room. "I don't mind! I ended up reading this really cool book in the mean while and honestly I hadn't realized you were even late," he admitted sheepishly, letting his hand run down the spine of Deigo, very used to the odd bumpy feel of doing so. His eyes than shifted over to the other kid as his brother turned to address him, feeling suddenly nervous at the reminded other presence.
Back to top Go down
Shadow

Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Souls and Spines [Open-ish]   Souls and Spines [Open-ish] EmptyThu Sep 20, 2018 5:22 pm

The boy barely had any time to actually relax before the door burst open yet again, releasing a... was that a cat? He'd be lying if he didn't jump out of his seat and scream like a girl at the sight of Diego. Suddenly all of his nerves were gone as he stood on the sofa cushion and glanced between the two boys, his expression giving away his fear of the undead creature.

"What... What is that thing?!" he cried, pointing a shaky finger at the cat sitting in Morgan's lap. As he did, the spines on his body flared slightly, pushing against the fabric of his clothing. Jeremy hadn't noticed.
Back to top Go down
Coon

Coon

PostSubject: Re: Souls and Spines [Open-ish]   Souls and Spines [Open-ish] EmptySun Oct 28, 2018 2:23 pm

Red eyes sparkled a bit in response to seeing Jeremy's spies push against his clothing. While Hieta wasn't sure what it was exactly being around other gifts was always exciting. Though then he realized that the boy was afraid of Diego. The necromancer picked up the dead cat from his brother's lap. "Oh this? This is Diego. He is my companion that my gift gave me." The black haired boy scratched the cat on the top of his skull. "He is harmless I swear." Hieta turned to look back to his brother, "What kind of book?"
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger

Honey Badger

PostSubject: Re: Souls and Spines [Open-ish]   Souls and Spines [Open-ish] EmptySun Oct 28, 2018 5:18 pm

There was a second of confusion that flashed over Morgan's face when he saw the other kid's reaction - seeing nothing strange or odd about Diego. But it wasn't until his brother plucked the cat from his lap and explained what exactly he was, it hit him - it wasn't normal to live in a family of necromancers. A sheepish blush flicker across his face, having been so excited to see the undead cat that he hadn't even thought about how Diego's presences would effect the other boy. "Yeah, Diego is a sweetheart...Even if he doesn't have one anymore," he added with a nervous laugh.

His gaze flickered down to the book in his hand, his eyes quickly scanning the cover for the name. "Oh, its called Animal Farm. Its super interesting - hadn't read anything like it before but I think its a pretty old book..." he shook his head. The book didn't really matter anymore, he had his brother to talk to now! And the other kid of course. He gave the poor, startled kid a soft smile. "Say, what is your name? I'm Morgan and this is my brother Hieta."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Souls and Spines [Open-ish]   Souls and Spines [Open-ish] Empty

Back to top Go down

Souls and Spines [Open-ish]
Page 1 of 1