Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Beata! Come chat with us on Discord.
The in-game year is 2054.
Join us at the Winter Formal!
The city is seeing a sharp spike in violent crime. It's not safe to walk alone.

Belle Âme [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Maple

Maple

Belle Âme [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Belle Âme [Closed]   Belle Âme [Closed] EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 9:13 pm

In the far left corner of the Lounge, Georgia sunk into the comforting folds of the first armchair that she saw upon entering. As for what compelled her to turn to the Lounge instead of her Dorm, likely for a catnap, she had no clue. Perhaps it was out of a wish to talk to someone, or better yet, make a new friend? She was uncertain. If her underlying reason for coming here had anything to do with what she suspected, then her trip was in vain. The Lounge was completely empty. In her left hand was one of her newest obsessions- coffee. It was nothing new to her, but recently, she'd taken a liking to it considerably further than she had before. It had become a staple for her, deprivation something she wasn't willing to consider.

A grunt escaped her lips as she lifted herself from the chair, her arms heavy as she trudged towards the door. Just as quickly as she'd reached out to open the door, she jumped backward, dropping her cup in front of her. Her jaw parted as she twisted her head to see who'd opened the door, eyes wide.
Back to top Go down
Echo

Echo

Belle Âme [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belle Âme [Closed]   Belle Âme [Closed] EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 10:52 pm

Small cubes silently buzzed around a student, fanning her brisk steps out through the narrow halls as raven locks flowed from the top of her head like wings that refused to cling to their main frame. It was still early enough after class that nobody else should be there yet. Finish her business quickly and leave. Simple as that. Verdant green eyes flickered intently with an emotion along the lines of determination, urgency, or something in-between, fingers clutching a remote control. Turning into the lounge, Judith pulled the door open, only to met with another student, flabbergasted and...

Brown liquid trickled over the fabric of her clothes, recoiling from the fall and drenching her designer shoes in a puddle. Of all the things to take the most damage... why couldn't it be the accursed cheap uniform? Judith stiffened, eye twitching as her face pulled into a scowl, "Excuse me?" Alabaster knuckles paled further, her nails dug into her palm as slim fingers coiled around the remote. Prattling along without seeming end, she quickly flew into rapid-fire speech. "Did you just ruin my shoes? Do you know how much these cost? These shoes cost my mom hundreds. Pay it back. Cold hard cash. Right now. Cough it up."

Holding one hand out, Judith beckoned to the other dark-haired girl, waiting for the student to drop filthy green wads into her palm.
Back to top Go down
Maple

Maple

Belle Âme [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belle Âme [Closed]   Belle Âme [Closed] EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 7:29 pm

Georgia's hand quickly flew to her hips, and her blue eyes flickered up to meet Judith's. "If you seriously think that I'd even consider doing that, you might as well turn around and run on back home and cry to mama." She bent down to swipe the now empty plastic cup from the ground, placing the top and straw inside of it as she stalked off towards the trash can. After tossing it in the bin, she managed to find a roll of paper towels behind the counter. She placed a couple on the ground over the spill, placing her foot on top to maneuver them around and soak up the coffee. When she was finished, she picked them up and disposed of them right behind the cup. She took a few moments to rinse her hands off in the sink before heading back in the other Student's direction. Tearing two more from the roll, she shoved them towards Judith with a glare evident in her features. "What's the matter? Is somebody too used to having things handed to them? Maybe it's time that someone got their ass up and did something for themselves, for once." She pivoted on her heel and sat back into the armchair, settling into it and pulling out her phone.
Back to top Go down
Echo

Echo

Belle Âme [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belle Âme [Closed]   Belle Âme [Closed] EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 7:52 pm

Hissing under her breath, Judith stared at the puddle in disgust and took a few paces back. The bright foliage of her eyes clouded over, the sun setting in a dim afterglow of the night. She pulled off her socks and shoes, stuffing them into a plastic bag and tying it into a tight knot, coiling and squeezing the air out of its prey with a vicious bite. Unrefined Beata scum, her passing thought declared, ensnaring and fueling the flames of her rage. With her own baby wipes and hand sanitizer, Judith repulsively snapped her head away, cleaning herself off. Bitter and dark was the lingering odor of coffee, not unlike her foul mood.

Her demands had been ignored. Scowl deepening, an uncalculated luminescence encroached her gaze, a sliver of moonlight in the break of twilight. As she spoke, her words imitated a tarantula's scuttle, leaving those around her childish persona to deflate and diffuse to her demands. "I said, pay up. Did you not hear me? Or are you too much of a pig to understand what people say?" A cutting scythe punctuated each syllable, purloining and smothering away any flames of the infuriating girl's candle. "I should make you pay triple the amount it cost for refusing me, but I'll have mercy. 475 bucks. Now."
Back to top Go down
Maple

Maple

Belle Âme [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belle Âme [Closed]   Belle Âme [Closed] EmptyThu Sep 20, 2018 10:18 pm

Suddenly, Georgia felt something, not unlike the sensation of utter defeat, inside of her. It was odd for her- something she had never really felt before, due to being able to control what and how she felt for a good amount of her life. She felt completely powerless, and she was about to reply to Judith with a remark about the money, her mind completely blank. Wait... No! No, no, no, no, no! She didn't have to do what Judith commanded! But yet... Something compelled her to. "I... I ca..." Then, a thought hit her. Gift. Her Gift. She focused in on her nervous system, forcing herself to go against Judith's will. It was hard- That much was certain. "I said, no." She balled her fists, trying to keep her concentration despite Judith's power counter-acting her own.
Back to top Go down
Echo

Echo

Belle Âme [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belle Âme [Closed]   Belle Âme [Closed] EmptyThu Sep 20, 2018 10:36 pm

Her tongue clicked in annoyance, hands rattling from how much pressure her nails were applying on them. A growing irritation rooted itself within the depths of her mind, but to hear Georgia snap back at her with a growing defiance... Judith flinched back, the cubes floating around her mimicking the motion with a flicker. "H-huh, seriously? How..." Shaking her head, her hesitance disappeared as quickly as it appeared, a newfound confidence bursting forward.

"You're just as dumb as a flea and twice as insignificant if you think you can get away with not paying!" The lens on the cubes refocused and zoomed back in. "I'll give you one more chance. If you don't pay in 10, I'll make you pay the hard way." Sharp green eyes narrowed into a piercing glare, with the intensity of a spear searching for a target to skewer, as her voice became low and husky.

"1... 2... 3... 4..."
Back to top Go down
Maple

Maple

Belle Âme [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belle Âme [Closed]   Belle Âme [Closed] EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 8:11 pm

Despite Georgia's best efforts, she was unable to rival Judith's power in such a way that would prevent her from attempting to force her into paying again. This girl was older and likely more experienced than she was, which was her clear weakness- she hadn't even come close to mastering her power yet. She quickly noted this, reverting her attention back to her own nervous system and her efforts on keeping what little money she had to herself. "Wh-what's so hard-" She pinched the bridge of her nose as a headache began to bloom behind her eyes. "For you t-to understand about the word no?" She wanted so badly to turn her powers against the other girl, but she didn't want to risk doing it simultaneously.

Between a headache already beginning to pound ruthlessly and the unwillingness in her tone, Georgia wasn't sure whether she'd come out of this tussle the same as she'd gone in. The one thing she did know, however- she was not paying this brat a single dime.
Back to top Go down
Echo

Echo

Belle Âme [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belle Âme [Closed]   Belle Âme [Closed] EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 9:10 pm

Her glare narrowed even more. Right, other gifted. It was probably some stupid immunity to mental-related manipulations. Whatever. "Fine," Judith finally said, breaking eye contact with the other dark-haired student, haughtily crossing her arms in front of her. "It would've been better to just pay up, but since you want to do it the hard way, I'll comply. Be grateful." The cubes had been emitting a light every so often, making a shuttering noise with each flash. Before Georgia could do anything, they dispersed like flies attracted to the ceiling, sneaking their way into optimal positions while remaining unseen. With her job set and done, Judith shoved the remote back into her bag, flicking off its controls as she shoved past the annoying girl (very rudely).

She shot another glance back toward the lounge room, giving an exasperated huff as she went back one step out the door. Stupid Beata students... Thinking they're such big hot-shots that deserve everything in the world because they can wave their hands around to do a little magic trick. Gifted people really were as insufferable as she thought they were.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Belle Âme [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belle Âme [Closed]   Belle Âme [Closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Belle Âme [Closed]
Page 1 of 1