Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Beata! Come chat with us on Discord.
The in-game year is 2054.
Join us at the Winter Formal!
The city is seeing a sharp spike in violent crime. It's not safe to walk alone.

Break [closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Splotch

Splotch

Break [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Break [closed]   Break [closed] EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 3:46 pm

The mission had been something of a wakeup call...among other things. Hell, he barely looked at his father after the mission when they did the check up on his leg. He had avoided Joanna any time she came close and had only really talked to her when she talked first--taking her to wish to be separate a bit too far, but she hadn't said anything about it. Shepard just hoped it was working as well as she hoped it would.

The mission had these nightmares, many of which were traumatic just to be in. To escape, they had to purposefully do what would be the worse thing for them to do what would cause the most suffering. Shepard's nightmare consisted of a girl his age, pregnant with his child. His father's face looking more disappointed than the time he had almost set the entire forest on fire as a kid. But it was a dream. That father was not his real father. That girl didn't even exist outside of his nightmare. But the experience was vivid, and the worst thing Shepard could find himself to do is to refuse responsibility.

The fury that was on his father's face, coupled with the girl promptly stabbing herself led Shepard to recoil before they faded out of his dream entirely. But though a hazed dream of what alcohol they found on the island, he found himself not wanting to be in a relationship. He didn't want that. Round belly, with his father's disappointed look, the desperation of the girl. He loved his parents, but that wasn't at all what he wanted.

Shepard couldn't be in a relationship. Not now.
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

Break [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Break [closed]   Break [closed] EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 4:37 pm

She had definitely worried about him the entire time he was away. He had come back not long after the formal, but there had been something different about him ever since he had returned. She couldn't exactly tell what it was, but he was much more... tense. That was despite the broken leg he had. The lavender-haired girl could never work herself up to ask him about it. But the text this morning only had left her with a gut-sinking feeling.

Meet me at the courtyard? -S

She tried to push it off and still her hands from shaking as she walked there. Her thumbs dug into her palms so much so that pain willed her to stop, instead opting to just shove her hands in the pockets of her jacket and mess with whatever fabric rest inside. Quietly, her steps brought her to where the easily-found blond awaited, coming to a stop beside him.

"Hey, lion cub."
Back to top Go down
Splotch

Splotch

Break [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Break [closed]   Break [closed] EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 5:10 pm

He sat on the bench overlooking the park-like area of the school. It was a nice day. Not many people were out and the winter air had no hold over the warmth of the sun that day. A cast wrapped in black gauze to try and feebly blend in with the Beata uniform if it were a weekday. Instead, he wore casual clothes, and against the jeans he wore, the black stood out like a sore thumb.

Offering Hye-Rin a feeble smile, "Hey, have a seat with me?" He offered the spot where his crutches had taken up the seat next to him. As soon as he did, Shepard shifted so he could face her. "Hye-Rin, I'm really glad we got to know each other, and I think you are an amazing person. However, after the mission, I went on, it forced me to deal with somethings people shouldn't, and I don't think I'm emotionally ready to continue being in a relationship. So, for the sake of your sanity and mine, I think it would be best if we broke up." The blond paused, watching her face with knitted brows. "I'm sorry if this hurts, but I'll always be happy for you being in my life." Shepard's voice was much softer than when he had begun. The blond was never very confident when it came to breakups. Hopefully, he didn't hurt her too bad.
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

Break [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Break [closed]   Break [closed] EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 5:23 pm

The sinking feeling in her gut plummeted even more at his tone. But, at the very least, he cut right to the chase. She had expected this to happen. He had grown distant rather quickly, rarely holding her hand in the hallways after having almost constantly done so as second nature.

Just because she expected it... didn't mean it didn't hurt.

The actress deeply ingrained in her kicked in, masking the blow with a gentler look of sorrow. Acceptance. She nodded, her gaze casting downwards. His words were taken to heart, listening to each one and repeating them to make sure she heard them correctly. But she nodded. "You're looking out for yourself. I can't fault you for that." Her words were soft. She did her best to conceal the bit of hurt she did indeed feel. It wouldn't shatter her world, no. "I agree it would likely be best. Even if we aren't... together anymore, still keep me around as a friend?"
Back to top Go down
Splotch

Splotch

Break [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Break [closed]   Break [closed] EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 6:53 pm

Shepard went quiet to hear what she had to say. Unknowingly watching a mask slip onto her face. "If you think that both of us still being friends is okay, I won't say no." He told her honestly. He would have liked to say that he was looking out for her, as he wouldn't be as loving before, but that wasn't his place to say.

"Thank you for understanding, Hye-Rin." He said, using his crutches to stand up, broken leg balancing out in front of him like a peg. "I really appreciate it." With that, the blond turned back towards the dorm, moving at a slow pace with a clack with each step of the crutch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Break [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Break [closed]   Break [closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Break [closed]
Page 1 of 1