Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Beata! Come chat with us on Discord.
The in-game year is 2054.
Join us at the Winter Formal!
The city is seeing a sharp spike in violent crime. It's not safe to walk alone.

After Hours [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kitty

Kitty

After Hours [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: After Hours [Closed]   After Hours [Closed] EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 1:40 am

She never really thought she'd find herself here. Even after the headache of setting everything up before the new school year, and the disaster that was when she let Idyn mess with her chemistry set, drinking wasn't something that ever came to mind. For many of the other teachers it had, and when she walked in she was less than surprised to see them all there. A few rapid blinks cleared her blurred vision of the haze of liver issues, along with the disapproving mom-smirk that came along with it. It had been one hell of a week, and with her children old enough to be left on their own, a bit of time to herself could most certainly be taken.

Still in what had become her signature lab coat and heels, Taimi took a spot up at the counter. It didn't take long for the bartender to come by and ask what she wanted, and within another thirty seconds she had a martini in her hand. The fiery tingle of alcohol stung her nostrils just a bit as the drink hovered beneath her lips, proof that she definitely didn't drink often. A gentle chuckle came from the raven-haired woman as she took a sip, the hint of sour lemon satisfyingly hitting her tongue. As her eyes scanned the small crowd there on the Friday night, she was truly shocked to see who all was there. People who she never would have pinned as drinkers happened to show up, but at the same time, she couldn't help but wonder if they were there for the exact same reason that she was.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: After Hours [Closed]   After Hours [Closed] EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 12:44 pm

The pub had been one of his new favorite places as of late. At first, it felt nice to get out of the house. His entire life had revolved around work and watching the kids for so long, but with Idyn and Cailin back in school again, and Jackson starting his first year in Beata boarding, he quickly realized he didn't need to up his Dad ante quite so much and had way more free time on his hands. Admittedly, it was great at first, but he quickly realized how weird it felt having the house empty to him. It dawned on him that this was the first time in his life he'd ever actually lived alone. So, what else was there to go except go to the bar and make friends? Or at least find someone interesting to see or talk to.

And speaking of interesting people to see and talk to Taimi had to be one of the last women in town he'd expect to see at a casual place like this, not to mention still in uniform. Which was fine to him. It wasn't a big deal because she was the mother of his children or anything, just because they weren't together anymore, things between them were still cool, right? Totally cool. Fucking fantastic.

He never really talked to her much outside the kids, but the kids were older now, so...

Preston shrugged his shoulders and put on a smile, calling out to her. "Taimi," He gave her a lazy wave and stepped up. "Since when were martinis your sort of thing?"
Back to top Go down
https://beata.forumotion.com
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: After Hours [Closed]   After Hours [Closed] EmptyTue Sep 18, 2018 7:30 am

She really should have expected to see him there. For some reason, she didn’t.

“Hey Pres.” A friendly smile came to the woman’s lips as he came over to chat, a gentle chuckle resonating at his question. “Apparently, since this week.” He most certainly knew she didn’t drink. Even in the time they had been apart- not once had there ever been a bottle of alcohol in her house. It most certainly was another case when they did live together, despite her best efforts. The two most certainly weren’t on bad terms, but that didn’t mean she didn’t find it awkward. Anymore they honestly didn’t speak outside of their kids, so to be in an actual social situation felt... weird. Not exactly the bad kind of weird, but the one that meant she’d probably be in for more than just one drink.

Her metallic hand tapped against the glass, the distinct sound giving an almost calming affect. “Setting up has been actual hell. Not to mention, it seems the new class has a bit of a chaotic flare.” Unintentionally, she had already began to ramble about the students. Taimi had been getting better about catching herself, and it seemed today was a good day. Before she got too far into rambling, she changed the subject. “How have things been for you? I haven’t seen you in awhile.”
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: After Hours [Closed]   After Hours [Closed] EmptyThu Sep 20, 2018 6:57 pm

He didn't know a lot of things about her, apparently. They both had such busy lives, he'd never been able to stop and ask her about how her teaching was going or what she did in her free time. As Pres noticed the light chime of her fingers against the table, he realized he'd never actually had been told what happened to her hand, other than she'd been in an accident a long time ago. It'd always felt too rude to ask, even for him. "Cheers to that," The brunette smirked, waving the bartender down and ordering a beer for himself.

"Well, we weren't exactly serene angels when we were in school either." Preston held back a small laugh, "You're doing hero's work, Taimi." The second he got his beer, he was quick to down several heavy gulps. How had he been? The house was quiet, but business was doing well, the kids were still alive, so he supposed he couldn't complain. "Alright. I get to share a drink with some cute, old friend of mine - so I'd say that's one evening made."

Last edited by Ebony on Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: After Hours [Closed]   After Hours [Closed] EmptyThu Sep 20, 2018 7:29 pm

It was really hard not to give a gentle laugh at Preston's comment. No, they most certainly weren't angels during their time. "Ah, I suppose. Just doing what needs to be done - someone has to teach them Chemistry." It sounded so boring and just old coming from her lips, Taimi just hung her head and laughed. She shook her head, dismissing the rather plain notion. Leaning back and contemplating things, she honestly spent little time on Beata's campus. She was out living the life of an olympic athlete, all the while having to hide her gift every time she glanced at a player who was still out there performing despite having some serious tendon or bone damage.

Another sip of the martini, and it almost hurt her to watch him gulp down the beer so quickly. So much for having gotten him mostly out of that habit. Then again, if she had been an alcoholic and presented right in front of beer, she wouldn't have been able to help herself either. A sweet laugh came from the heterochromatic at his comment, a gentle blush forming at her cheeks. "Always the charmer." It started to become a habit to sip on the alcoholic liquid, almost a part of the conversation as drinking water was for her. Finishing it up and setting it back onto the bar, she flagged down the bartender for a glass of water. Old habits died hard. "Can definitely agree the company is pretty sweet. There's much worse people to be talking to here." She eyed around the bar, making gentle motions towards one or two other teachers and guardians that she knew that definitely weren't very pleasant drunks.

Allowing herself to truly look at the brunette though, her eyes subconsciously scanned his frame. Her gift went into overdrive, making sure he was in good health. A habit of hers for those she cared about, especially her children. "Things at the restaurant going alright, though? Getting enough sleep?" Her eyebrow perched in accusation. If there was anything to be learned, when she pointed out something, it was more of a statement than a question. The dark gray haze around him told her that he was definitely at least somewhat sleep deprived, and it was hard not to show at least some concern for the Raichu.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: After Hours [Closed]   After Hours [Closed] EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 1:18 pm

She always got a certain look to her when she was using her gift. Preston had always wondered if she was aware of it, unease always sketched artfully into her face. "Well, I had to watch some poor blank kid bite off more burger than he could handle and his date had to pay for it... So that kept me up a few days laughing." Ah, yes. Things were relentless in his old fashioned bar. But even as he joked, he knew it was no use in trying to throw her any white lies. "I'm fine, it's just this time if year is hard... everyone is going back to school and shit, you know." He chewed away at the inside of his cheek and took another sip of beer. "You worry too much about me."
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: After Hours [Closed]   After Hours [Closed] EmptySun Sep 23, 2018 2:54 pm

As soon as she realized just what she was doing, the concern on Taimi’s face faded away and a more light-hearted expression replaced it. A light laugh sounded at the rather unfortunate situation that seemed to play out for the teen Preston mentioned, imagining the embarrassment that would have come from such a situation. “Yeah, that would give me a bit of a laugh too.” She knew exactly what he was mentioning - the Croftburger Challenge. She had been beggen by Idyn for years after seeing Cailin do it to give it a shot, and well, let’s just say the mother was rather reluctant to allow her daughter to do so. A sigh of defeat and a nod of understanding came in response. ”I wish I could say I didn’t know.” Another gentle chuckle of laughter. ”Do I? I like to think I worry just enough.”

Playfully, Taimi stuck out her tongue for a few seconds as she waved down the bartender for another martini. It most certainly was a night that didn’t happen very often. Taimi drinking alone was a situation that didn't happen very often. Multiple drinks? Yeah, some shit went down during the week.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: After Hours [Closed]   After Hours [Closed] EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 9:49 pm

She managed to pull a small chuckle out of him. Preston was quick to take another sip of beer, to hide away his smile. As the bitter liquor burned his throat, he realized how quick his sour mood had been coming around, which only went on to add to his smirk as the bartender brought another round. Maybe he'd been a bit lonelier than he'd thought, or Taimi was just as sweet of company as he remembered. Or both. "You're not going to make me be the one driving you home, are you?"

With a fresh smile, he reached over for her cup of water, sliding it back in front of him.
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: After Hours [Closed]   After Hours [Closed] EmptySun Sep 30, 2018 9:21 am

Taimi had to bite back a laugh and grin of her own at his comment. She brought the glass up to her lips and took a sip of the alcohol to rinse away her own amusement. "I might just take you up on that offer." Maybe the alcohol was getting to her already and making her a bit of a flirt. It wouldn't be much of a shock to Taimi if she was an extreme lightweight. Now that she thought about it... this was probably the second or third time she had ever gone drinking in her life. Having been an athlete and one who literally saw the effects of alcohol with her own eye, she had been rather dissuaded from it for most of her life.

The fact that she was flirting with Preston though made things a bit... awkward in the still-logical part of her mind. It felt so familiar and yet weird at the same time. Watching as his hand grabbed her cup of water and brought it towards him, a look of utter betrayal feigned on the teacher's face. It quickly broke into a bit of laughter. "You know, part of me thinks you want to drive me home." She offered him a wink, reaching out her hand to take the glass back. Or at least, have it balance between them.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: After Hours [Closed]   After Hours [Closed] EmptyThu Oct 04, 2018 12:22 am

Now it was his turn to feign a look of utter disbelief. Preston chewed back a grin, shaking his head. Maybe it was a little weird the two of them so close and flirting again, but in that moment, he could hardly help himself. Better to share his company with her than to nurse a few beers alone, right? That was the easiest was for him to rationalize it. "Why wouldn't I want to see that the mother of my children didn't make it home safely?" His smiled crooked a bit as he pulled the water glass closer in towards him "You hurt me, Doc." And if things didn't end up with them just sticking with the drop off then, well... That was a problem for future, deas sober him, wasn't it?
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: After Hours [Closed]   After Hours [Closed] EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 6:23 am

Taimi gave a little nod of her head, one that said 'true.' It was hard to keep a smile off her face. Having children made it easy to feign a stone-cold face if she needed to, but in that moment it was impossible. She needed to smile more, anyways. There were a few classes during the day she had that could get her to crack a grin, but constantly repeating herself over and over got rather boring. Repeating the same lecture could only be done so many times before it just got old. Thankfully, she had different courses to teach at the end of the day.

The raven-haired woman's smile turned into more of a smirk as the water once more returned to Preston's side. It was almost an imaginary game of tug-of-war. It was just out of her reach sitting normally. Leaning forward to attempt to grab it, her hand had outstretched, before ultimately deciding to just let him have the water. He needed it for the sake of his liver more than she did, anyways. "My door is always open if you need medical assistance." She offered with a bit of a wink.

Sitting back up semi-straight, Taimi let out a laugh. A pure giggle of just silliness as she realized what they were doing. "Hate to admit it, but I've gotta say. I've missed your company."
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: After Hours [Closed]   After Hours [Closed] EmptyThu Oct 11, 2018 4:53 pm

He stifled a laugh and nudged his beer aside, claiming his victory over the water glass. Preston did the honor of taking a few sips, at least, if only to ease her weary mind. Yeah, there were a few different ailments on his mind he was certain she could help with. His lips twisted into a smile as she giggled away beside him, like wind chimes in a hushed breeze.
"Do you really hate it that much?" He teased her, but he couldn't remember the last time the two of them had even talked, well, like this. It was always "when are you picking up the kids?" or "what did Jackson break this time?". Pres liked to think the two of them got along well enough, but there was always an air of feigned civility to it. Or had he been imagining things?

"I..." Oh, God. How did he say this without it sounding like he was in some hallmark movie? "I miss having you... hang around... too..." Nailed it.
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: After Hours [Closed]   After Hours [Closed] EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 12:49 pm

The tease rewarded Preston with a roll of her eyes. He knew exactly what she meant by her words, and self-restraint was the only thing from keeping him from getting a playful punch on the arm.

There most certainly was an air of almost forced peace between the two in just about any situation. It was just... awkward. How do you talk to your ex-fiance who you also have had two children with?

It was her turn to tease him at how awkwardly he spoke. "You know, if you don't like me you can just say so~" She hummed. Any offense that there could be taken from that wouldn't be. The very moment he wasn't paying much attention, Taimi swiped back the water, taking a big gulp before setting it right back in front of him. "We seem like awkward teens out on their first date." She mused. God... what even had to be their first date?

Scanning back on her memory for a moment, it clicked in her mind. A date at a coffee shop, where Preston had decided to come in and they caught up. Things definitely seemed simpler back then, but then again, she was rather naive to any evil going on around Beata. She had her own life she was caught up in then. "...Okay, maybe not a first date."
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: After Hours [Closed]   After Hours [Closed] EmptySat Oct 20, 2018 7:09 pm

He sniffed, taking the blight to his honor with another sip of his drink. And then her drink again. Hydration mattered. "You know I would never lie to you, give me that at least." Even if things were awkward between them most times, he still had the greatest respect for the woman, the mother of his children. He'd never once disliked her. Preston's problems were his own, and he was doing a fine job keeping them between him and his drinks before Taimi made her surprise visit.

"I think it'd be higher than first, if you wanted to be technical about it," he mused. "And I would have taken you to a nicer place than this... Like, the arcade or something." Well, there was still plenty of time, a voice in the back of his head whispered.
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: After Hours [Closed]   After Hours [Closed] EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 5:51 am

She nodded, agreeing with his statement. Even if he was a drunk, he did at least usually tell the truth. A chuckle once again passed her lips. The arcade? Yeah, it was a nicer place than the pub. Being in the Rose district it wasn't the best, and definitely did reek of the burning smell of alcohol and had the hint of vomit laced behind it. Or maybe that was just her mind messing with her because she could see all of the dying livers...

"I haven't been to the arcade in ages." She recounted. She had been swarmed with work, and being a mother. Life made it rather hard to really enjoy herself more than once in a blue moon. Well... if she wanted one she could probably ask Keirsta. Mentally laughing away the thought, old habits came to mind when it came to conversing. "It's my turn to have the kids for the weekend, yeah? I might just leave them to their own devices..." She winked. They were definitely old enough that they could just hang out at home, or even roam around town if they wanted. So long as they met their curfew. "Need any extra hands at the Burger Bar?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: After Hours [Closed]   After Hours [Closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

After Hours [Closed]
Page 1 of 1