Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Beata! Come chat with us on Discord.
The in-game year is 2054.
Join us at the Winter Formal!
The city is seeing a sharp spike in violent crime. It's not safe to walk alone.

Haven't Missed This [closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kitty

Kitty

Haven't Missed This [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Haven't Missed This [closed]   Haven't Missed This [closed] EmptyThu Jul 25, 2019 5:09 pm

Cafeteria food was never her favorite. She much preferred to be munching on something else, or hiding away in a laboratory. Although, she had to admit, the apples were pretty okay. So, having a little platter with sliced apples and some cheese cubes, she found her spot. As soon as she sat down, a book found its way onto the table, a notepad quickly beside it. Very neat handwriting filled the open page, various formulas and other little sketches sprawled all along it. It wasn't for class, but rather a personal project of hers, working on understanding exactly how some of the technology at Beata worked.

Little sounds of her munching away on the apple slices and cheese were all she really made aside from the scrawling of pen. Eventually, when she reached for another apple or cheese cube, her hand found nothing. With a bit of a huff she got up, quickly shoving her things back into her bag with the pencil finding its spot behind her ear. As soon as she spun around, she felt the force of another person hurling her backwards.

"Aah! Oh no, I'm so so sorry... so so so sorry..."
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger

Honey Badger

PostSubject: Re: Haven't Missed This [closed]   Haven't Missed This [closed] EmptyThu Jul 25, 2019 5:20 pm

There was something so...Bland about the food in the cafeteria that bothered Morgan. It was nothing like the home cooked meals he grew up with and would make himself when given the time...But homework was being a bit to much and it had gotten hard to get the time to prepare some meals and so here he was. He stared down at his tray with a sigh, some mashed potatoes, carrots and ham slices was all that he had grabbed. Bland and unexciting...

He knew he couldn't expect his normal expectations for meals when it came to the cafeteria as they were cooking to feed hundreds of students but would it hurt just to add [i]some[i] spices for flavor? Movement caught his eyes just a second to late, barely having time to realize that a student had suddenly stood up from her table, before she turned, ramming into him and scattering his meal to the floor. He blinked, catching himself from stumbling as he shook his head...Barely grieving the spilled food as he looked up.

The girl was already apologizing but he put up his hands for her to stop. "N-No, its fine! I-I wasn't paying attention to where I was going. Its not a big deal," he said, giving her a soft smile and laugh. "Besides...its cafeteria food. I'm not really missing much." He paused as he glanced down at his shirt, some mashed potatoes clinging to it. He was...Really happy that he had decided not to pick up a drink just yet as that would have been a much, much worst stain.
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Haven't Missed This [closed]   Haven't Missed This [closed] EmptyThu Jul 25, 2019 5:28 pm

She eventually stopped apologizing, hanging her head in slight guilt. Especially when she saw the mashed potatoes on his shirt. She was such a clutz - could she really not pay any attention to where the heck she was walking? "Ah.. yeah... I still feel bad." Her instinct was to reach for any of the nearest napkins to try and wipe away some of those mashed potatoes. But that would've been weird. So she kept herself from doing so. Giving an innocent chuckle, her gaze ended up drifting to the ground.

His comment about the cafeteria food did make her laugh a good bit. "Yeah.... it really isn't all that good. But it's nourishment at least?" She offered sheepishly. Her eyes were still darting around to find some way to help out. She wasn't just going to go grab another plate of apples and cheese without doing something. Her father would never accept that. "Is there uh... anything I can do to make it up to you? I can go grab you another plate of food? I was just going to grab some more apple slices." She was fidgeting with one of the little keychains on her bag by now, twirling it between her fingers. She really didn't do the whole socializing thing very well.
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger

Honey Badger

PostSubject: Re: Haven't Missed This [closed]   Haven't Missed This [closed] EmptyThu Jul 25, 2019 5:36 pm

Morgan couldn't help but smile a bit wider as he managed to make her laugh, although as the suddenness of the entire situation was starting to wear off, it was hitting him that he didn't know her...And he could feel the slight panic in his chest start to rise as normal but he did his best to shove it down. She seemed nice enough, very sorry about the entire thing while it would be easy enough to throw blame on him not paying attention either. Really, if there was anybody who had to run into him and spill his food...He was kinda happy it was somebody as nice as her.

"Ah..." he was taken off guard by her sudden offer. He spared a glance down at his scattered tray. Was he even hungry enough to ask her to grab him more? Honestly...No, no he wasn't. He was almost done with his homework, he could just whip up something when classes were done for the day. But...A snack wouldn't hurt. 'Hon-Honestly? Apple slices doesn't sound like a bad idea...Could you grab some for me as well?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Haven't Missed This [closed]   Haven't Missed This [closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Haven't Missed This [closed]
Page 1 of 1