Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Beata! Come chat with us on Discord.
The in-game year is 2054.
Join us at the Winter Formal!
The city is seeing a sharp spike in violent crime. It's not safe to walk alone.

Spidercise (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ethelthryth

Ethelthryth

Spidercise (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Spidercise (Open)   Spidercise (Open) EmptySat Jan 19, 2019 6:32 am

Shades of Orange peaked from beneath a shaded world brightening the forests of the CMF. Many would simply enjoy the scenery, but for Ethelthryth it was simply a background to accompany the sounds of dewed grassing and shifting dirt on her morning run.

While others would prefer to use the facilities meant for training in a more controlled environment. The uneven paths adorned with roots added to the difficulty and thus benefitted her more both in health and practicality.

Running, hopping and skidding throughout the twisted glade of her clan, she would finish up with her cardio then move into strengthening herself with a branch to use as a makeshift chin up bar. Working her upper body and core, she went a step future swinging herself over the branch while holding her body weight as she pushed up and down against her own weight and gravity.
Back to top Go down
Bun

Bun

Spidercise (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spidercise (Open)   Spidercise (Open) EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 3:39 am

Still cradling an old tome, well-preserved in dark leather, a second figure joined, dashing past where his cousin had stopped her running. Legs carrying him with a memory of the course that they had accumulated over the years, his mind busied itself with reading instead, catching glimpses of the pages that he passively attempted to focus on. It helped divide his attention, and ultimately increase his ability to do both. Far more helpful than plain running, he found it, even if sometimes he ended up with a stomach begging to empty itself in the nearest trash can. Or with scraped hands - he was yet to perfect the method.

Taking a shorter path, the arachnid cut the course and managed to return to his cousin before she had left training on the branch, snapping the book shut as he skidded to a halt, spraying the base of the tree with fresh soil. Part of his brain buzzed with the imagery of the branch breaking, and what would follow (and if he could contribute to the branch being broken?), but he remained docile, passive, flashing the girl a thin, unnatural smile. "Beata newest, weirdest thirteen year-old." Anatheus regarded her. "How has school been, hm? Have you formed any adorable, life-long friendships? Crushes?" he teased. In a swift movement, he launched the book in the air, stretched his back and his hands, and caught it just as he finished.

Not as if he had any sort of interest in Ethelthryth's personal life. The mere concept of caring about something so trivial felt abnormal to him - but it never hurt to pretend to care, and to turn that into a mockery.
Back to top Go down
Ethelthryth

Ethelthryth

Spidercise (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spidercise (Open)   Spidercise (Open) EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 4:19 am

While she ignored the invited guest accompanying her on morning regiment, her current task left her static allowing her Cousin to, unfortunately, close the distance between them. While Anatheus was a particularly difficult family member to coexist with, he was still family and by the twenty second rule, he must be treated with at least some modicum of civility.

Pushing down against the branch she would continue her repetition as he spoke in his usual teasing tone that held an insatiable hunger. Looking to him as she continued while shifted her legs from side to side with each repetition. Before she could answer him she saw him throw one of their priceless tomes in the air to simply stretch. While he did catch it the treatment of such an item even surprised her as she knew of his love for knowledge and assumed he would be respectful of such things. " I know that you are well aware that all books within the Arachne library are to be kept within the library as they are old and having sensitive information discovered threatening us all"? Losing her balance slightly as she reestablished herself, she realized the whole reason he had done such a thing in the first place. Narrowing her eyes towards her trickster of a cousin. Sighing at her cousin destructive behave, she put a pin in his self destructive behaviour for later as she tried to sue for peace for the time being.

Focusing back on her training, while she went back to answering the pointless questioning that neither party cared about. " Calling the kettle black cousin, and school is easy compared to what we handle on the daily". Trying to go for the final push by using one hand as she continued while stopping part way through her speech as she focused. " As for relationships I have formed nothing concrete, why are you trying to monopolize me to yourself or do you have some sort of scheme planned"?
Back to top Go down
Bun

Bun

Spidercise (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spidercise (Open)   Spidercise (Open) EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 8:26 am

A half-voiced laugh escaped him when she lost balance, if only for a second - the little things counted, especially with somebody as well-trained as his younger cousin. She was easy to understand, at least in his mind, where she was merely a machine that he would do best to keep at least a lukewarm relationship with. To let her in his mind enough that she though of him as trickster and nuisance, but never an out-right threat. Keep out of the headlights. Forced smile became debonair as he allowed his attention to be briefly recaptured by the book. "The books are to be kept with those who can care for them. And I am sure that our unbreakable friendship would never allow you to think such thoughts as telling on me." the arachnid replied, voice sarcastic, too sweet to mean anything to someone who knew him well.

As well as he allowed anybody to know him - raising his face and brushing bangs away from his dark eyes, Anatheus studied the tree his cousin was training upon, eyes hopelessly enraptured in short bursts by the bending of the branch. Instead, he singled out another branch, low enough that he wouldn't have too much trouble climbing it with only one empty hand, and in a couple of second he had perched himself on top of it, facing away from Ethelthryth. The backs of his knees hooked carefully around the sturdy extent, he threw himself back, soon facing her upside down, blood rushing to his face. The prompt to feel light-headed did not reach him, not after many years of the same exercise.

"Don't flatter yourself with the conviction that I would desire to spend my time with you." Anatheus snorted, tightening his handhold on the book, arms hanging downwards. The burning sensation in his legs as he held on to the branch was welcome and familiar, almost as homely as the darkness of his room. "I thought it was customary that we knew as much about those around us as possible. Don't grow soft just now, Dewdrop."
Back to top Go down
Ethelthryth

Ethelthryth

Spidercise (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spidercise (Open)   Spidercise (Open) EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 10:01 am

"Yet here you are, sharing a tree with me". Bring her feet to the side of the tree and attaching herself to the side of the tree. Walking up to the middle of Anatheus, she would grab his ankles trap and act as a spotter if he was inclined to actually train instead of simply taunted her. While the thought of sending him head first to the ground had crossed her mind, that would be the response he would have wanted. Instead of feeding his desire to get a rise out of her, Ethelthryth would continue to sue for peace to confuse and spoil any enjoyment he may get out of teasing her.

Continuing to keep a slight grip on his ankles just to be safe as he hung upside down. Looking at the book that he clutched tightly from his vine like arms reaching towards the ground, "Are you going to read and exercise at the same time or are you going to get to whatever is you want from me". It was obvious that he did not come here for a simple chat, it was never simple with him. He enough games and wordplay more so than an Arachne Agent. " Do you want me to guess? Does it have something to do with why you broke the rules? Do you have a query about the book? While that would be odd, as there are many back home who could easily answer any question you might have". Tighten her grip around his ankles, but not enough to cause any discomfort. " Training and you were never fast friends, and even if you are actually taking the lessons to heart you could have done any kind of training back home and without the extra reading material. You deny your wish to spend time with me, but there's an old saying about those that protest to much".

Letting go of his ankles and slowly dropping to the group while looking up towards her topsy turvy Cousin that would almost appear normal if the world would invert. " So out with it, I unlike you don't have the luxury of free time".
Back to top Go down
Bun

Bun

Spidercise (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spidercise (Open)   Spidercise (Open) EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 1:59 pm

When she approached, he almost expected himself to be flipped off the branch in a second, but even as he braced himself he found that she did not have it within herself to throw him off. Or perhaps she was planning the perfect moment, to catch him off guard. Foolish, to challenge a strategist at his favorite game so blatantly. Twisted and twinning his behind his head, he used her leverage to push himself up a couple of times, feeling the strain against his shoulders and stomach. It was true, even as an Arachne, who was raised training, he was never the most willing to do so - his posture was far from the lean, impressive one of his relatives, dragged down by his habit of hunching over books in the late hours of the night.

"Trying to discourage, then? Get me to quit? Perhaps you have inspired me to become a model soldier, and so I train tirelessly to become like you." he taunted back, smacking her across the back with his book when she had let go of him. All of the earlier thoughts, culminated at the point of imagining the branch would at least break with the both of them, which he could consider neither a victory, not a complete loss, dispelled when she hit the ground seamlessly. Such a disappointment, such a wasted, really, but he did not allow it show on his face. "What would you do if I said we simply had an unforeseen encounter?" he glowered back, still attached upside down to the branch.

Well, he was not putting on a terribly complex show to sustain himself - there was always reason to be outside, lest others were not reliable enough to be your ears.
Back to top Go down
Ethelthryth

Ethelthryth

Spidercise (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spidercise (Open)   Spidercise (Open) EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 12:58 am

Still tense from Anatheus' use of a priceless artifact, she slowly turned to face him as she reminded herself of the thirteen rule that she truly wished to break towards her current company. Undisciplined, unapproachable and completely caught up in his own self deprecating delusions, no wonder no one bothers with him. While cruel her cousin has never shown a desire to improve anything but his pension for taxing others time and patience. He was still family and she should do her best to try to help him along rather than poison his mind further.

Pondering on his words as she faced her hanging cousin, " It's possible that this could be a coincidence, but highly unlikely. Also, I would never discourage you from something positive, but your actions make others distrustful of you. Even if what you say is true, I find it hard to believe. This is why the forty fourth rule of never lying to the family holds fast, as while you cannot trust the outside world at least you have your family to confide in". Feeling sorry for her Aunt, while wondering how she deals with her anarchist of a son.

Feeling a headache come on from dealing with her current company. While she wanted to rub her eyes or temples she did not want to hint that he was annoying or a burden. Most of her family probably treats him like a fly buzzing slightly out of reach. " Your dancing around the subject you, never do anything without a reason. Are afraid to share information or network, or is it something more personal? Depending on the request I will be my best to assist, but if you continue with your games you can be alone with your schemes and plots. I know it is not said a lot between family, but we do, love you". Feeling beyond embarrassed, she decided to go all out in an attempt to understand her cousin better.
Back to top Go down
Bun

Bun

Spidercise (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spidercise (Open)   Spidercise (Open) EmptyTue Feb 05, 2019 1:28 am

If only for once she'd speak like a child and not a soldier, although it must've been a lot to ask from someone like her. Prying open the book with his spindly fingers, he busied himself with reading , plainly ignoring the words of his cousin - taunting. He was not one for heart-to-heart moments, nor was he a fan of how she attempted to read him. When she had stopped speaking, he lowered the book, holding it in his hands, hanging towards the ground.

"How heartfelt, how kind of you." Anatheus rolled his eyes, even as they tugged and rolled towards the back of his head, pulled down by the increasing pressure. "You know that if I ever find your particular skills useful, I would ask for your help, wouldn't I? I trust you, Dewdrop, and all that." he spoke, sounding almost genuine. Woozy from the blood flooding to his head, the teenager swung his body up, feeling the intense tightness around his chest and powering through it until he was sitting up on the branch. Hopping down, he landed lightly, spinning to look at Ethelthryth.

He did not like having people behind himself - as much as he liked operating behind people's backs. "Now, I thought you were training, not looking after me, yes?"
Back to top Go down
Ethelthryth

Ethelthryth

Spidercise (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spidercise (Open)   Spidercise (Open) EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 10:41 am

Annoyed by his ignorance, and his disregard of there families customs and values that have made them prosper for hundreds of years. Ethelthryth gritted her teeth as her cousin rolled his eyes as he continued to mock her attempts to try to give him someone to confide in. He was always like this especially to her. While she was unsure why he was specifically venomous to her, a few reasons could come to mind. While jealousy could be at the forefront, she would gladly trade parents as the compounding training and responsibilities would break the average person. It's not as if she gain any extra privileges due to her birth, in fact, she has less freedom than the rest of her family. With all of the weight of the families future placed on her shoulder, she did not need to deal with her cousin and whatever petty desire lead him to act in the way that he did.

Stewing in her anger as Anatheus returned to the ground to face her. Clarifying her current goal, her cousin reaffirmed his wish to not be concerned over. While he did say he trusted her as well as adding in the rest in his own way, Ethelthryth was still in two minds on letting him go after his many infractions. Beating him would do nothing, even if it was the simpler route she did not want to destroy any trust he may have and forcing him to open up would only do the exact opposite of the desired outcome. Ripping through the rules and training in her mind only aggravated her more as her momentary break away from her role of the perfect daughter had been ruined by her cousin's appearance. Feeling trapped as she could not sigh or take a deep breath as it would show a crack in her mask. She could not even leave as it would be seen as her storming off in a fit of anger. The only way through this was to face it head on.

"No", invading Anatheus' personal space, she would embrace her cousin poor attitude and all. " I'll look after you no matter what, you can roll your eyes at me and mock me all you want. I'm not going to ignore you as that would be admitting defeat".
Back to top Go down
Bun

Bun

Spidercise (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spidercise (Open)   Spidercise (Open) EmptySat Feb 09, 2019 9:02 am

While the way she tried to understand him, to show him empathy, served to amuse him briefly, fleeting interest in her was quickly dispelling. But his fake smile and faker pleasantries remained on display, despite the way she did not seem to fall for them. This game of pretend had turned dull, and, with the book in his hands, he searched for an escape from this, awaiting for opportunities to pop into the corners of his vision. Maybe he could go trick the moths kids on the farm and get the handfuls of spare change they'd have on them. Not that he needed money - but when they were too foolish to not give it away? It almost felt like his duty to make sure it came to him. Or nag the ugly one.

Head in a completely different space, he failed to notice exactly when his younger cousin had decided to crowd his space this much. It startled him, angered and disgusted him, before he remembered to keep him composure. Since when were they supposed to be an affectionate family? "We look after each other, don't we? I appreciate that, you know. You're the best cousin." the arachnid grinned, the light of a smile in his eyes broken, and wrestled an arm free enough to pat her shoulder stiffly.

Instead of shoving the shorter off, as his initial plan dictated, Anatheus used the opportunity to kick out at her legs from underneath, aiming to sweep her off and to the ground, if not both of them. He could live with that. Not as bad of a compromise as it could be. "But this is, as I've told you before, not the time to grow soft, heir."
Back to top Go down
Ethelthryth

Ethelthryth

Spidercise (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spidercise (Open)   Spidercise (Open) EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 3:48 am

Surprised that she even managed to invade his personal space let alone actually embrace him. Ethelthryth wrapped her arms around Anatheus, trapping his arms in an encasement of platonic love. Feeling him shift as he was no doubt attempting to look for a way to escape her grasp, she thought about how this may be one of the only times that she had ever embraced another family member that was not immediate family. While her father showed as much affection as possible doting over her to a sicking sweet degree. Her mother and grandfather have grown colder as she grew older and more proficient. There was praise for her ability, but shows of affection only came on birthdays or holidays. Snuggling against the struggling Anatheus to tighten the grip and enjoy the rare moments of peace.

Hearing her Cousin's praise and reaffirming of one of the family rules concerned and confused her, as he was anything but amicable. Looking up to see a dead stare with a grin gave away his true intentions as he wrestled his arm free a chill ran down her spine as the spider girl was in a poor position to defend.

Still lightly holding onto him as she stared at her Cousin cautiously. Her smiled wavered as they stood betwixt each other in a sort of standoff waiting for the other to make the first move. Feeling the pats on her shoulder as if they were the sounds of bells signalling the approach of noon. Anatheus' body tense along with the sounds of his foot kick off the ground signaled the start of his attack. Ethelthryth broke her hug, However, instead of shifting back to dodge she went with her Cousin's kick. She knew that she would not be able to dodge the attack so instead, she went with the kick flipping her body upside down. Steadying herself with her hands and using Anatheus' and her own momentum to send her foot across her Cousin's face as he spoke of her growing soft. Continuing to use her momentum she would distance herself from her foe staring blankly at the aggressor. Her smile was now barren, her eyes showed nothing as she stared through her target.
Back to top Go down
Bun

Bun

Spidercise (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spidercise (Open)   Spidercise (Open) EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 12:15 pm

The game was afoot.

She slipped down with quite a trace of ease, and Anatheus knew better than to trust that it had been entirely his doing, as much that would have pleased him. When her foot went for his face, his reflexes were fast enough to bring up his wrist protectively to the side of his face, blunting the kick but far from blocking the pain that spread dully through his head. For as short and flimsy as she appeared, his cousin had formidable strength - as the heir she was designed to be. Right back to the mindless soldier, then. When the pain had begun to dissolve, traces still lingering and making his jaw feel numb, the teenager strained a blade-thin smile.

"See? Doesn't that feel so much more like you?" the arachnid jeered, rubbing the side of his face, until the burning inside his eyes had dimmed back down to a composed, odd lack of fire. He wouldn't want her seeing him like this, but there was something strangely delightful about it. The guilt - he was not foolish enough to be sure she felt such a thing as guilt, but one could always dream. Still, he shielded himself, almost sensibly prepared for a second attack.
Back to top Go down
Ethelthryth

Ethelthryth

Spidercise (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spidercise (Open)   Spidercise (Open) EmptyWed Feb 13, 2019 6:35 am

Letting her cousin lick their wounds as he shifted back to his taunting. While not all talk, he did only the bare minimum when it came to training as knowledge was more to his tastes. While knowledge is power, it's only a blueprint without the skills to birth it into the physical. Convincing or tricking others in Anatheus' case. Could achieve the desired response, however, both of them are lacking in the social and charismatic department.

While Anatheus seemed still willing to fight, he was already hurt and on the defensive from just the one attack. Continuing this would be pointless as there is nothing to be gained from beating her cousin into submission. Just because she trained to harm does not mean she has to. " I don't feel anything from this. I've done this tens of thousands of times, I've been beaten and battered as a consequence for my mistakes. I am an Arachne just as you are, but that is what I am not who I am". While it would be bad to reminisce while still in a fight, a phantom pain crawled across her body from the many sparing sessions with her grandfather.

Hearing her phone ring she would pick it up while keeping an eye on Anatheus. Dread crept across her face as the voice of her Grandfather leaped from within. " Yes, i'm sorry I lost track of time... your right it does nothing, the Greenbelt.... Yes I have been, No I would not lie to you... Yes Grandfather". Hanging up the phone and then looking over to her cousin, then to the book before turning around and leaving him to his thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spidercise (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spidercise (Open)   Spidercise (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Spidercise (Open)
Page 1 of 1