Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Beata! Come chat with us on Discord.
The in-game year is 2054.
Join us at the Winter Formal!
The city is seeing a sharp spike in violent crime. It's not safe to walk alone.

The nidus of the school [Open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Coon

Coon

The nidus of the school [Open] Empty
PostSubject: The nidus of the school [Open]   The nidus of the school [Open] EmptyWed Jan 16, 2019 11:11 am

Her first day at school and she was already at the infirmary.. no not because she was sick herself but because it was safer that way. She didn't want to wind up getting anyone sick right now so it was best to stay somewhat secluded. Nanon stayed off to the side near the entrance of the infirmary. She was away from the people who were trying to heal up and she was away from the door well enough that if anyone walked in she wouldn't give them a cold from her gift. It was boring that was for sure but it was safe for every one this way until she could learn to control her gift a little bit better, or at least long enough so she could be out among people that weren't already sick.
Back to top Go down
Bun

Bun

PostSubject: Re: The nidus of the school [Open]   The nidus of the school [Open] EmptyFri Jan 18, 2019 8:59 am

The headache wouldn't go away, and Elijah wasn't surprised at this point.

His agreement with the school nurse was that he should take medicine if it got too bad, which he was never a good judge of. But it had been clinging to his brain for so long that he was beginning to get sick of it - if only he could turn it off. Avoiding as much contact with other students as possible, he reached the infirmary, slightly leaning on his cane as he slipped in through the door quietly, hoping to keep continue keeping the contact to a minimum.

The girl inside startled him a bit, making him hesitate in the doorway - she didn't look sick. It didn't surprise him that, considering how he had stayed mostly holed up in his room these past few weeks, he had slightly lost track of his voice - it sounded unusual when he spoke. "H-hello.." Elijah stammered, his voice barely more than a raspy whisper. "It's the... the season, right? Colds." the Winter continued, still unsure, only trying make polite conversation until he got his medicine.
Back to top Go down
Coon

Coon

PostSubject: Re: The nidus of the school [Open]   The nidus of the school [Open] EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 10:01 am

She blinked when she heard a voice speak up. She had zoned out didn't she? Her blue eyes looked for the source of the voice only to land on what seemed like a sickly boy looking at her.. Oh he was talking to her not one of the people that worked here. [color:eb14=light blue]"O-oh hello." She had stammered for a moment. Her blue eyes flicking to the ground to see the distance between her and the boy. She didn't want to get him more sick than he already was.

And of course he had to mention a cold which is the most common thing she gave people.. But this was her first day.. Her gift couldn't reach that far... could it? "Huh? Oh yeah.. Colds are the worst." Granted she hadn't had one in a long time due to her gift but she could see others around her suffering from them and she didn't like it at all.
Back to top Go down
Bun

Bun

PostSubject: Re: The nidus of the school [Open]   The nidus of the school [Open] EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 11:00 am

The quick glance she gave the distance between them was enough to make him back away, instantly afraid of whether he had been careless with himself, whether he had allowed the aura to grasp at the girl enough for her to feel it. Prompted by that exact fear, Elijah took a couple of unsteady steps through the threshold, leaning on his wooden cane, enough to close the door behind himself, before he retreated in the opposite direction with an apologetic half-smile. It was quite readable on his face that he was not used to smiling, or, really, to any social interaction.

"Sorry." he said, his voice barely audible. "It's a.. uh, stupid... thing. I won't stand close." the Winter felt the need to add - he tended to ramble, even though he never enjoyed speaking. As if getting as many words out now would be sufficient for the long periods of complete silence. That being said, ten words was what Elijah would call rambling.
Back to top Go down
Coon

Coon

PostSubject: Re: The nidus of the school [Open]   The nidus of the school [Open] EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 1:45 pm

She didn't mean to scare him away. She just wanted to make sure he would be safe from her gift. The white haired girl's tone fell a bit flat when she spoke next because of her well she didn't know what to call it but she didn't want to scare him. "That is probably for the best.. My gift causes others to get sick.. That's why I'm here." She knew what her gift was from it being passed down for generations but didn't mean she liked it.
Back to top Go down
Bun

Bun

PostSubject: Re: The nidus of the school [Open]   The nidus of the school [Open] EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 9:07 am

Her words brought something to his cheeks - life, wonder, dread? Who could tell. His mouth opened and shut for a couple of times as he searched for words. The silence was pressing, albeit comforting, but the new feeling made him want to break it, to say something. "Huh." Elijah exhaled, his face turned forward to avoid showing the mixture of emotions on his face to the girl. Maybe what he was feeling was pity. Maybe that was what people felt for him.

Whatever it was, it could never be disgust. The corners of his mouth turned into a genuine smile, for nobody in particular. "Guess we're the same, then... Our gifts - I mean, I can't call them... gifts. It's..." the Winter's voice died in his throat. "I don't think you can hurt me."
Back to top Go down
Coon

Coon

PostSubject: Re: The nidus of the school [Open]   The nidus of the school [Open] EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 1:33 pm

He had the same situation as her? He made people sick? She couldn't exactly notice but then again her gift made her more immune to getting sick. It was still possible but extremely rare. [color=lightblue]"Yeah.. gifts is kind of a stretch.. but its good! I mean good that I can't hurt you." She quickly corrected herself. "I don't like getting others sick.. I watch them get sick all the time and suffer.. I can't feel it for myself but I hate seeing it on others... So I try to stay away." She mentioned her eyes turning back to the floor. Thinking back on seeing all of those people sick wasn't the best idea. Nanon let out a small sniff before returning her gaze to the boy in front of her. Hopefully this wasn't a weird conversation.
Back to top Go down
Bun

Bun

PostSubject: Re: The nidus of the school [Open]   The nidus of the school [Open] EmptyWed Feb 20, 2019 11:50 am

His nodding was soft and encouraging as she talked about not wanting to hurt people. He didn't want to either - whether he had succeeded too was a whole other thing, but it was best to try and not dwell on those when he wasn't alone. He'd just need to remind himself to stay away from the topic of family. A selfish thing to do, to keep himself safe. But otherwise she'd push him away or show him pity, and he didn't want either. "It sucks. You just... have to live with it." the Winter offered as weak consolation, continuing to look away even as he noticed her gaze on him from the corner of his eye. "It's nice to... know I'm not the only one. That was... a stupid thing to say - sorry."

"It's nice I don't have to worry about hurting you."
Back to top Go down
Coon

Coon

PostSubject: Re: The nidus of the school [Open]   The nidus of the school [Open] EmptyWed Feb 27, 2019 10:56 am

She nodded in agreement. It was nice to know there was someone out there like her, and that it was in fact something you just had to live with. "You don't have to apologize, I understand what you are getting at." Nanon let out a small sigh before somewhat forcing a small smile on her face. "At least we can make light of our predicaments. We understand the struggle.." She clutched her back somewhat tightly, she didn't like the situations she made but maybe making fun of her gift would be a good way to turn around her emotions. "Another good thing is we can stand to be around each other. Litterally." She let out a small laugh trying to make the situation lighter but she didn't think she was very good at it at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The nidus of the school [Open]   The nidus of the school [Open] Empty

Back to top Go down

The nidus of the school [Open]
Page 1 of 1