Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Beata! Come chat with us on Discord.
The in-game year is 2054.
Join us at the Winter Formal!
The city is seeing a sharp spike in violent crime. It's not safe to walk alone.

Joy [Open/kinda???]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Splotch

Splotch

Joy [Open/kinda???] Empty
PostSubject: Joy [Open/kinda???]   Joy [Open/kinda???] EmptyTue Dec 25, 2018 11:00 pm

They were up earlier than expected. Gifts were ripped open, hugs were given, and laughs were shared. However, as soon as the last present was opened, the Hermans began the task of cleaning up the wrapping paper and tissue paper. Four children set to complete it, it was a herculean task. The parents began cooking, and the grandparents aided the children, arming them with garbage bags.

Long hours passed of effort, cooking, cleaning and with the promise of food as soon as the guests arrived, the Hermans worked. While it was time for guests to arrive at the Herman's ornately decorated house, Leo labored on in the kitchen, aided by Shepard, who seemed to have flour up his sleeves and in his hair. Eve was running out of the kitchen with flour on her hands, chasing her brother. RJ, being tired from a day's work, was curled in her new grandmother's arms fast asleep.

The doorbell rung.

Shepard brushed away the flour from his hands onto his apron which read 'hot stuff coming through'. It took some dodging from Shepard to avoid the hands of his sister, who had abandoned chasing after Adam to come after him. Finally, he opened the door. "Hey, come in~" He brushed away the flour in his hair, flinching his eyes closed rendering him unable to see who was exactly at the door.

The house was warm, be it from the heat of the oven, or from how instantly welcome someone felt walking into the home. A large tree stood in the stairwell, a small angel stood on top of the tree. Six stockings hung from the stairs, one for each member of the immediate family. To the left was the living room, where a fire roared below a TV, which was on the third run of 'Elf' which RJ was enjoying until she fell asleep.

"Ah--dinner is going to be a bit, make yourselves at home." Poor Shepard continued to struggle through the flour.

ooc; no need to match this my dudes, just setting the tone. <333 Merry Christmas!
Back to top Go down
Shadras

Shadras

PostSubject: Re: Joy [Open/kinda???]   Joy [Open/kinda???] EmptyWed Dec 26, 2018 11:09 am

Down the road, inescapably out of place but as naturally at home as the ghost of Christmas Present himself, ambled the man in the fur coat. Durran Servansky was singing to the high heavens with a deep, jolly voice that belied his true age. Not at all in English, the young man's word were a deep Russian that carried the carols with incredible vigor into the night sky. Clothed in thick furs, Durran walked with his staff that had a lantern upon its head, glowing in the darkness. The fresh snow from last night's blizzard crunched crisply beneath he boots as he strode through the night.

Upon hearing the call of welcome, Durran paused. Considered the night sky. Checked a drawing in his bag. Nodded to himself. Bid good evening to Jack Frost, and made his way over to the door. "Good evening my good man," he greeted, "is there room for a stranger in ya house? Course, I wouldn't expect ya ta let me in without knowing me name. I am Durran Survansky." What he didn't say was that he had stopped at the last five houses that had called out some form of Christmas greeting into the night. The fire-sight he had was annoyingly vague, but he was sure he had the right place this time. The lad in the door was more likely to have the right face than any of the others tonight.
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger

Honey Badger

PostSubject: Re: Joy [Open/kinda???]   Joy [Open/kinda???] EmptyMon Jan 07, 2019 8:05 pm

Devin was arriving late - just getting off duty. He had given everybody permission to start without him - as it had been his choice to patrol the wall even on the holiday. He had just arrived - having taken a bit of extra time to pick up some presents of his own - brushing the snow from his shoulders as Shepard opened the door. He smiled at his nephew, dipping a head in greeting and was about to step inside and get warm when a familiar voice spoke up behind him. He turned, his green eyes widening with both surprise and amusement. "Well, can't say I was expecting to see you, Durran," he greeted. He had a feeling why Durran had showed up, and simply gave him a soft smile. "Come on in - I am sure Leo wouldn't mind the extra company."

He brushed past Shepard, taking a moment to rub his nephew's flour covered hair in both a fond gesture and in an attempt to help get some of the white powder from his head. "What kind of mess are you guys making in the kitchen for you to be covered in flour, Shep?" he teased as he studied what flour stuck to his hand. He paused, glancing around. "Do you know where Aleta is? I'm sure he isn't happy with me arriving so late..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joy [Open/kinda???]   Joy [Open/kinda???] Empty

Back to top Go down

Joy [Open/kinda???]
Page 1 of 1