Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Beata! Come chat with us on Discord.
The in-game year is 2054.
Join us at the Winter Formal!
The city is seeing a sharp spike in violent crime. It's not safe to walk alone.

New Time, New Friends [Open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Honey Badger

Honey Badger

New Time, New Friends [Open] Empty
PostSubject: New Time, New Friends [Open]   New Time, New Friends [Open] EmptyThu Nov 29, 2018 8:52 pm

It was kinda funny how many books they recognized despite there being a fifteen year gap in their life. Sam's fingers tapped along the spine of the books as they quietly worked their way down the selves. They didn't have a clear goal in being in the library...They just needed the peace and quiet. For things to seem...Normal. Because it was hard to say that things were normal when in a matter of seconds, its revealed that have been thrown fifteen years forward into time and suddenly now they have nieces and nephews that are almost their age.

Their eyes drifted down to the uniform they were wearing and the Unity Link that was now on their wrist. At least when they were in the academy, things felt the same. But the world outside...Rivers' Pointe felt unfamiliar toward them and they hated it. They just...They just wanted to be normal. They knew they would never be normal. Not with being non-binary, not with having a Gift but this? They...They just didn't know how to deal with this.
Back to top Go down
Nova-2

Nova-2

PostSubject: Re: New Time, New Friends [Open]   New Time, New Friends [Open] EmptyThu Nov 29, 2018 9:04 pm

Shin was sitting in the library. He held an old book called the death cure but he wasn't paying attention to it. The book was only there so that no one would judge him for zoning out. For years he's been like this, life would go on but he stayed rooted in the past, in that night...Shin's hands were shaking, his knuckles white with how hard he was gripping the book. His jaw was clenched hard,but he couldn't feel the pain. No pain as the one that scared him. He took a quiet, shaky breath and shifted his shoulders. The scar tissue always bunched up differently than the rest of his skin, a permanent reminder of the monster that lurked deep inside of him. His life would never be normal, not now, not ever.
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger

Honey Badger

PostSubject: Re: New Time, New Friends [Open]   New Time, New Friends [Open] EmptyThu Nov 29, 2018 10:49 pm

Sam came to a halting stop when they finally took notice of a hunched figure, head nose-deep in a book, having figured they were alone. They had figured not much had chanced and people would still avoid the library but apparently somebody else was enjoying the peace and quiet. For a second, they thought about saying nothing as they awkwardly ran a finger up and down the spine of a nearby book...Until they shook their head with a sigh and pushed away from the bookshelves.

As they got closer, they started to realize the smaller details of the person. The shaking hands, the nervous air around them. Honestly, it wasn't hard to realize that they weren't even reading their book - a dusty old tome called 'The Death Cure' by the looks of it. For a second, Sam thought about making a mention in the direction of book - to see if they really were reading it but they quickly pushed that down as worry blossomed in their chest.

If there was one thing about Beata, it was that a lot of people here had baggage. They were lucky - they had a normal life....For the most part. Their gift was simple and easy - a burst of speed here and there. Hell, their cousins had a more powerful version by miles. Honestly, Sam's gift was child's play compared to what Barry and Edward could do. But they also knew that there was dangerous gifts out in the world - more powerful ones...Like the one to jump through time.

"Hey, you okay?" they asked as they quietly slid into the chair on the opposite side of the table from the other student, their voice quiet and soft in hopes of not startling him. They folded their hands, doing their best to give off a calm air but they were already preparing to perhaps be ignored or dismissed...After all, it did look like this student wanted space but also? Sam really needed to try to make friends in this time and they were willing to put in the work to help others.
Back to top Go down
Nova-2

Nova-2

PostSubject: Re: New Time, New Friends [Open]   New Time, New Friends [Open] EmptyFri Nov 30, 2018 3:34 am

Shin glanced up at the new comer and loosened his grip on the book. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just reading this old book." He said quietly. He visibly tensed up as if ready to spring away at any second. Shin had to be, in case the unity link failed, in cast that....Shin glanced down at the book and blinked away the shining tears of his eyes. When he felt hs eyes no longer betrayed him he glance back up. Black hair, green eyes, a weird looking hat, this kid was, unique to say the least.
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger

Honey Badger

PostSubject: Re: New Time, New Friends [Open]   New Time, New Friends [Open] EmptyFri Nov 30, 2018 9:55 am

Sam titled their head, unsure if they truly believed him...But they weren't going to outright call them out. They let out a soft, neutral hum as they tapped their fingers on the desk. "So...What is the book about?" they asked, their eyes flickering back toward the cover. Getting a better look at it...It was very clear to see that it was a fiction novel, but...They frowned, leaning back in their chair as they tried to think about if the name sounded familial or not. It sure sounded familiar but they couldn't figure out from where
Back to top Go down
Nova-2

Nova-2

PostSubject: Re: New Time, New Friends [Open]   New Time, New Friends [Open] EmptyFri Nov 30, 2018 1:36 pm

"It's a sci-fi book, from a trilogy. This guy named Thomas shows up in a maze with barely any memories. He and the kids already there look for a way to escape. They do, and turns out they're part of this massive experiment to cure a disease called the flare." He had read the trilogy several times, hence why he picked the book. "Turns out that the world had been peppered with solar flares and burnt most of Earth to desert. The organization fakes an escape for the group, called gladers, and they escape in to the desert. When they find out the escape was fake, and then they have to get through the desert or succumb to a desiese called the flare that'll slowly drive them mad. It's a really interesting series." He said as he put a book mark in the book and set it down.
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger

Honey Badger

PostSubject: Re: New Time, New Friends [Open]   New Time, New Friends [Open] EmptyFri Nov 30, 2018 3:14 pm

Honestly, Sam wasn't expecting much of a response and tilted back in their chair with surprise as the boy started to ramble. But despite the sudden wave of surprise, their eyes lit up as they realized that they recognized it after all. "Oh! Oh I remember this! I knew I recognized the name! They made a movie about it ten years ba-" they suddenly cut off, their shoulders sagging as they realized that they were wrong. "Er...Tw-Twenty five years back," they corrected themselves, their expression darkening ever so slightly as they scolded themselves. It was just...Really hard to wrap their mind about things being further back in time and then just even figuring out what had been made in the fifteen years they had missed.
Back to top Go down
Nova-2

Nova-2

PostSubject: Re: New Time, New Friends [Open]   New Time, New Friends [Open] EmptyFri Nov 30, 2018 4:11 pm

Shin quirked an eyebrow. "Is there a reason for the correction? I'm not well versed on the limits of powers, can you time travel or something?" Shin asked leaning forward. Powers always interested him, ever since he came to river's point. He just hoped to keep it to powers not that...monster, that dwelled inside him.
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger

Honey Badger

PostSubject: Re: New Time, New Friends [Open]   New Time, New Friends [Open] EmptyFri Nov 30, 2018 5:12 pm

A slight, nervous laugh escaped Sam at the question. "Ah...No, I can't time travel but uh...The correction was because of it. This might sound a little weird but...A couple of students and I got teleport fifteenth years into the future by another student who did have time travel as a Gift by accident... We can't really go back cause of time paradox things I guess...So we've only been in this time period for about a month so its...Taking a bit to get use to things," they explained, their gaze falling to their hands as they nervously rubbed their hands together. "I mean, a lot of people have trouble changing the year date when New Years come around!" The sighed, before a soft smile flickered across their face as their eyes met with Shin's. "This is...Uh, a lot to be telling somebody I just met. My name is Sam! What is yours?"
Back to top Go down
Nova-2

Nova-2

PostSubject: Re: New Time, New Friends [Open]   New Time, New Friends [Open] EmptyFri Nov 30, 2018 6:35 pm

"Shin. Shin Kazamatsuri, it's nice to meet you Sam." Shin smiled slightly, maybe he could make a few friends. This Sam kid seemed nice enough. "So, what Is your power? If you don' mind my asking." Everyone had a better power than him, which made him glad. No one but him deserves to live with that monster.
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger

Honey Badger

PostSubject: Re: New Time, New Friends [Open]   New Time, New Friends [Open] EmptyMon Dec 03, 2018 6:55 pm

"Shin! That's nice name," Sam hummed, their fingers mindlessly tapping on the table. It stood out...Unlike Sam's but they were rather thankful for that. They liked being friendly but sometimes it was nice to have an average name. Their eyes lit up when the topic was shifted onto powers, sitting more upright as they beamed at Shin. "Oh! I have super speed! ...Kinda." Their smile faded slightly as they gave a soft shrug of their shoulders. "Its not as powerful as other speedsters - like my cousins have proper super speed...Its like... I can move in quick bursts of speeds. It isn't as glamorous as theirs but...I guess I also don't have some of their side-effects so its a win-win," they admitted with another shrug.
Back to top Go down
Nova-2

Nova-2

PostSubject: Re: New Time, New Friends [Open]   New Time, New Friends [Open] EmptyMon Dec 03, 2018 8:16 pm

Shin's eyes shone with interest. "Bursts of speed are more useful. I'd suggest jumping and dashing, if you can get the angle right, maybe you'll further per dash. Giving an illusion of super speed. Look up an old game, mega Man X. I know it's a game, but you could gain a new idea for how to apply your dash move."
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger

Honey Badger

PostSubject: Re: New Time, New Friends [Open]   New Time, New Friends [Open] EmptyMon Dec 03, 2018 9:39 pm

Sam was rather surprised by the advice, glancing up before a bigger smile flashed across their face. "Maybe...From what I can tell, my...Er...Leaps have a set distance but, I mean, I can chain them together within like...Seconds of 'stopping,'" they explained, making gestures with their hands as if that helped in some way. "That is normal how I, ah, make the illusion of having super speed but the more leaps tire me out...I also don't have the best control yet. I'm...Uh, prone to speeding into nearby objects." There was a moment of silence, making the mental note of checking out Mega Man X. They had heard of that series before, but hadn't played them as there was already a fair bit of games they hadn't played yet and... "Oh god, I have an entire backlog of fifteen year of games to play," they realized with horror.
Back to top Go down
Nova-2

Nova-2

PostSubject: Re: New Time, New Friends [Open]   New Time, New Friends [Open] EmptyTue Dec 04, 2018 9:10 am

Shin chuckled slightly at the joke. "At least you'll have fun catching up on them. I've been fairly isolated, so I can at least relate." His face dropped slightly as he brought himself up.
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger

Honey Badger

PostSubject: Re: New Time, New Friends [Open]   New Time, New Friends [Open] EmptyFri Dec 21, 2018 2:39 pm

Sam sank a little in their chair, their face going a bit pale at the image of all of the games they would have to play through. It was hard enough to deal with a month or two backlog of games, but fifteen years? They let out a sigh, running their hands on their face but gave Shin a smile nonetheless. "I...Suppose you have a point there. I'm sure I've missed a bunch of great ones..." their smile flickered slightly as a new thought cross their mind.

"...I'm also behind on movies, shows, comics...God, who knew the worst thing about being thrown fifteen years into the future as a nerd would be all of the pop culture things you have missed and need to catch up on." They grew silent for a few seconds before their smile returned and they let out a laugh, pushing themselves upright a bit more in the chair. "God, my pop culture knowledge is fifteen years behind. I'm going to be like an adult trying to fit in with the kids, this is going to be the most awkward thing ever."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Time, New Friends [Open]   New Time, New Friends [Open] Empty

Back to top Go down

New Time, New Friends [Open]
Page 1 of 1