Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Beata! Come chat with us on Discord.
The in-game year is 2054.
Join us at the Winter Formal!
The city is seeing a sharp spike in violent crime. It's not safe to walk alone.

Nova-doesn't-know-how-to-make-titles [Open!]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nova-2

Nova-2

Nova-doesn't-know-how-to-make-titles [Open!] Empty
PostSubject: Nova-doesn't-know-how-to-make-titles [Open!]   Nova-doesn't-know-how-to-make-titles [Open!] EmptyMon Nov 26, 2018 9:41 pm

Nothing filled his mind. Shin Kazamatsuri welcomed the nothingness, as it kept everyone around him safe. He had his hands clasped in his lap. He glanced at the unity link on his wrist, he had worn it since coming to river's pointe. He closed his eyes and relaxed as best he could in his bus seat. Soon after he felt the bus stop, and he got off. He had a book bag on his back and a duffel bag, he had learned to travel light. Shin held his unity link up to the little console and the gate opened. He walked through as the gates closed behind him. Shin took in his surroundings, a nice yard with trees, a nice fountain, a grand yet pleasant looking building not far. Shin stared at it all with dull unfeeling eyes. He didn't care, he was here to learn how to suppress that..... Shin shook his head and started down the path towards the building.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Admin
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Nova-doesn't-know-how-to-make-titles [Open!]   Nova-doesn't-know-how-to-make-titles [Open!] EmptyTue Nov 27, 2018 4:57 pm

He had a look on his face like a dead fish. Esther let her eyes track him from behind dark shades as he marched up the brick walkway. Luggage packed up, not even a proper uniform. New fish. Fresh off the boat. Maybe out of sheer boredom alone, she uncrossed her legs from the park bench, stood up, and took up a pace behind him on silent feet, following for a minute or two, invisible in plain sight until she decided to speak. People told her she had a nasty habit of sneaking up from behind; if she was being honest, she got a little kick out of seeing people's eyes bug out of their skull. Those were her cheap thrills.

"Hey, newbie!" she suddenly called from inches behind.
Back to top Go down
Nova-2

Nova-2

PostSubject: Re: Nova-doesn't-know-how-to-make-titles [Open!]   Nova-doesn't-know-how-to-make-titles [Open!] EmptyTue Nov 27, 2018 5:18 pm

The unity link flashed red and tightened around his wrist, as he practically sprinted away from the sudden voice. He whirled around and came to a stop several feet away from the girl. The unity link stopped flashing red. Shin controlled his breathing. "Please avoid sneaking up on me..." He said flatly. His face kept neutral as best he could, his eyes betrayed him however, as they were full of fear.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Admin
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Nova-doesn't-know-how-to-make-titles [Open!]   Nova-doesn't-know-how-to-make-titles [Open!] EmptyWed Nov 28, 2018 5:27 pm

His reaction was even better than she'd hoped. Poor little guy. Esther looked unfazed by the red flash of the Unity Link, undisturbed by the look in his eyes, set in a hard, stony expression. "I got you good, though," she said, rolling back on the heels of her boots. "What's the matter? I'm not that scary, am I?"
Back to top Go down
Nova-2

Nova-2

PostSubject: Re: Nova-doesn't-know-how-to-make-titles [Open!]   Nova-doesn't-know-how-to-make-titles [Open!] EmptyWed Nov 28, 2018 6:20 pm

"It's not you..." Shin shifted his bag. "Where am I supposed to go?" He asked, glancing around. He had no idea where he was supposed to go, his counselor had really only said the school would help him control...It.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Admin
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Nova-doesn't-know-how-to-make-titles [Open!]   Nova-doesn't-know-how-to-make-titles [Open!] EmptyWed Nov 28, 2018 8:30 pm

Then who? She ignored it. "Your dorm is a good start. If you want to put your stuff away, anyways. After that, you're on your own." Esther cocked her head. "Are you from outside the city? I'm guessing the Guardians already prodded you full of needles, right?"
Back to top Go down
Nova-2

Nova-2

PostSubject: Re: Nova-doesn't-know-how-to-make-titles [Open!]   Nova-doesn't-know-how-to-make-titles [Open!] EmptyWed Nov 28, 2018 8:54 pm

Shin thought back to his entry into river's point, the screenings, the time his unity link was put on him, and them putting him under. "Yes, though they put me too sleep before doing anything." Shin said, still keeping distance between them. "Thank you for the info. I'll be on the lookout for the dorms." Shin seemed to be watching the stranger, ready to dash back at the slightest sign of advance.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Admin
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Nova-doesn't-know-how-to-make-titles [Open!]   Nova-doesn't-know-how-to-make-titles [Open!] EmptyThu Nov 29, 2018 5:56 pm

"Any time." She could still see the tension in his shoulders, like he was ready to spring. Was she that scary? Esther edged closer, as if to test the limits. Making people uncomfortable was how she kept herself busy. "It's okay. I don't bite."
Back to top Go down
Nova-2

Nova-2

PostSubject: Re: Nova-doesn't-know-how-to-make-titles [Open!]   Nova-doesn't-know-how-to-make-titles [Open!] EmptyThu Nov 29, 2018 8:07 pm

He stepped back. "Just, keep your distance please. I don't have control over..." He didn't want to say it. Talking about it brought back memories of that monster. "...It could be dangerous for you, or anyone, to get too close. Just, ignore me. I'm not here to be a super hero, or to master some cool gift, or anything like that. I'm here to cage a monster." And with that, he stalked away, hoping that the stranger wouldn't follow him.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Admin
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Nova-doesn't-know-how-to-make-titles [Open!]   Nova-doesn't-know-how-to-make-titles [Open!] EmptyFri Nov 30, 2018 3:11 pm

She froze, not moving any closer as he spoke, but her hard expression dissipated as he turned his back and began to walk away, and Esther seemed to regain some of her self-confidence. "We're all freaks and monsters here, hon. But suit yourself."

Esther fished a spare guitar pick out of her pocket, pressing the tips between her chipped black nails and bending the plastic at the center, and flicked it in a perfect spinning arc toward the retreating stranger. It advertised 'THE SIRENS' in bold white print across the cheap black plastic. "Check out one of our shows sometime. We like it a little dangerous." Who knows, if she gave out enough of those picks, they'd blow up. And as subtly as she appeared, Esther seemed to fade into the background again.
Back to top Go down
Nova-2

Nova-2

PostSubject: Re: Nova-doesn't-know-how-to-make-titles [Open!]   Nova-doesn't-know-how-to-make-titles [Open!] EmptySat Dec 01, 2018 8:24 pm

Shin caught it with out looking. Sometimes that monster was useful. He pocketed the pick, having no intention of going to a crowded place of his own accord. He walked off toward the buildings, looking for the dorms.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nova-doesn't-know-how-to-make-titles [Open!]   Nova-doesn't-know-how-to-make-titles [Open!] Empty

Back to top Go down

Nova-doesn't-know-how-to-make-titles [Open!]
Page 1 of 1