HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Halloween Festival in Harvest Park! Students in costume get in free!
Students trace a would-be killer's footsteps to the Burger Bar.
ARE YOU WORTHY? Champions are being forged in the Arena outside the school.
Winter is coming.

Share | 

The Loyalist [closed]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Splotch

PostSubject: The Loyalist [closed]   Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:09 pm

The water was warmer than the lake by a lot. Not that Shepard could tell, but he was sure to make sure it was a decent temperature before he got in to make sure Hye-Rin could get in without having to rely on him warming up the pool. Shepard's stuff sat near the edge of the pool on one side by the chair, grey towel spilling over the back. The blond floated on his back in the middle of the pool, waiting for his date friend to arrive. Their kiss had been playing over in his mind the past few days, and the blond felt particularly bad about breaking it so soon, especially if she was enjoying it. Okay, he enjoyed it too. Shepard frowned, moving his arms to guide himself away from the edge he was floating towards.

Man, he wasn't good at this. It didn't help he kept thinking about Joanna, and what she would think about Hye-Rin, or what Stephen would think of her. The blond exhaled and let himself sink into the water, blowing bubbles with just his nose over the top.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: The Loyalist [closed]   Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:40 pm

She had seen Shepard here or there since their evening at the lake. It still was a bit of a mildly awkward situation, it was more her passing by him in the hallways, offering nothing more than a quick 'hello.' They had set up to meet at the pool, which was something she was more than open to accepting. It had gotten much too cold to actually go to the lake now, and she wasn't going to ask Shepard to keep it heated up for her.

Coming to the pool with her own little bag of things, such as a few dry towels and even a bottle of water, the Spring waved to Shepard as she walked by the poolside to set her things down. "Hi~" She chimed. Wearing a white bikini, the air was much warmer and allowed for her to do so. Taking the chair next to the one Shepard's belongings occupied, it was only a few moments before Hye-Rin had cannon-balled into the pool.

Making a giant splash, the Spring had transformed immediately into her mermaid form. Only... to find herself quickly to be gasping for air. "Oh god. There's... chlorine in here... isn't there?" She paused several times, coughing and plugging her nose to try and get the disgusting chemical out of her gills. It tasted absolutely disgusting.

MaeveMaraIdynHye-RinPalys

Keirsta ~ Taimi
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: The Loyalist [closed]   Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:16 pm

Shepard brightened, sticking his head out of the water. She had a cute suit on, grinning as she came in. Definitely cute. "He-" The wave of water from the large splash forced Shepard to turn his head away mid greeting. He laughed, wiping the water from his forehead to prevent any from dropping into his eyes. He only stopped as she resurfaced gasping for air. Worried, he swam toward her gently offering a hand her way. "You okay?" He stayed afloat, glancing down to the water then back at Hye-Rin who was not too far from him. "Yeah, I think so. I'm willing to guess that chlorine is a no-go huh?" Shepard offered a cheeky grin. "If you really want to, we can go to the lake again." It wasn't a serious offer. Was it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: The Loyalist [closed]   Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:36 am

Without thinking, the spring took the hand outstretched towards her to provide a bit of balance. After a few more moments of trying to get the disgusting taste from her body, Hye-Rin nodded. "Yeah, I'm good." Taking a moment to breathe, the girl chuckled and shook her head. "A bit. I should've thought for a moment before jumping in... that stuff tastes disgusting." She shuddered. It was really weird how the taste existed to her... almost how you could taste medicines through an IV. At his offer, she couldn't help but laugh. "I'll take a bad taste in my mouth over freezing cold waters..." Winking alongside her words, she let go of Shepard's hand.

Hye-Rin took a moment to force herself out of her mermaid form, a process that definitely felt a bit weird considering she was very much submerged in water. But, it meant that the gills on her neck faded to be nothing more than lined marks on either side of her neck, sort of resembling the whiskers that marked Shepard's face. Which also meant, no more disgusting chlorine taste every time she went to properly swim. A bit of witchcraft from her childhood also meant that she once more simply had on the white bikini from earlier. Something very convenient, considering she wasn't exactly alone in company. "Anyways... How have you been?" It seemed a bit odd to be asking now that they were in the water, but it was fine enough. She was genuinely curious. Partly considering... well.. their kiss.

Keirsta ~ Taimi
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: The Loyalist [closed]   Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:02 pm

The blond watched the shape of her tail fade into a pair of legs, looking back up once the transformation finished. Shepard laughed, looking off to the side trying to recall the past week. "Besides the investigation between homework and classes?" Blue eyes look back at Hye-Rin with a sweet smile. "Just fine, how about you? Have you been settling in okay?" He couldn't help but worry. Because he grew up in River's Pointe Shepard was used to the large sprawling city, however, it sometimes could be tough for people moving in. Also, avoiding any comment of the kiss, Shepard was not sure where she wanted to go with the relationship and really didn't want to push it.

Maybe it was his fear of ruining friendships with feelings of romance. It seemed to be a running theme for him, which was complete bullshit. "Again, if you need anyone to lead you around River's Pointe--I am your guy." He paired a wink back at her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: The Loyalist [closed]   Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:21 pm

Ah yes, the investigation. She had tagged along for part of it, although it was rather hard to jump into something that happened on the first day she hadn't witnessed. Judging by the reaction of the other students though... it wasn't the best thing. It was instinct to return his smile with a small one of her own, taking a moment to reflect upon her own week. "Ah, it's been alright. Yeah, I've settled in well~" She hummed. She was in the Spring dorms, and there weren't many people she could say that she knew. But it was alright. She would socialize in due time, mainly her priorities involved studying.

"Considering I'm getting tired of the cafeteria food, I may take you up on that offer." She chuckled. The cafeteria did have pretty good food to serve, but she most definitely was getting tired of it. Yet again... it sounded like a date. Shaking the thought away mentally, Hye-Rin chuckled. "I'm definitely not used to swimming with actual legs... how do you stay afloat so easily?"

Her question hung in the air as she swam over to the edge of the pool, hoisting herself up to sit. Her legs still dipped into the water, but she herself was being supported by actual ground. "It's rather tiring."

Keirsta ~ Taimi
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: The Loyalist [closed]   Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:26 am

Shepard had to fight a large smile on his face as she promised to take up the offer. He enjoyed showing people around, even more so when it was a cute girl. A burst of laughter bubbled up his throat as she headed over to the edge of the pool. Following in suit, he propped himself up with his arms on the ledge, laying his head to the side watching her get up onto the edge with only her feet dipping into the water. "Well, we have had our entire lives to swim with two legs. I guess we aren't as lucky as you."

The blond turned his head to the side, to look at the diving board nearby with a curious look. "On that same note, do you think that you could teach me how to dive?" He asked, blue eyes glittering with excitement. "It's only fitting that a learn from the best~" Oh, was he flirting?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: The Loyalist [closed]   Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:38 pm

'Lucky' wasn't the world that came to mind when Shepard compared her ability to swim with a proper tail fin. She still nodded and inclined her head towards him, in a 'fair point' sort of gesture. That was probably something she should have done when she was younger... spend more time swimming as an actual person.

With a flattered giggle at his comment on her being the 'best' diver, she nodded. "Yeah, I could teach you. But, I warn you... you'll probably get water up your nose the first few times." She warned with a thousand-dollar smile. Eyeing the boards herself, she thought about how she could best teach diving. "Before I get you to dive head-first though, learning to dive feet-first might work a bit better." Getting up from her spot at the edge of the water, Hye-Rin offered Shepard a hand before she went over to the diving boards.

Making sure the diving boards were set to her liking, Hye-Rin climbed up onto the familiar short ladder, with an identical board right beside her for Shepard. "Once you're up here. Go ahead and walk towards the edge of the board..." She waited until he was at least on the back of the diving board before continuing, walking confidently towards the edge. "Keep your feet about one foot-length away from the edge, and give a few confident jumps. Pushing with more weight on one side works a bit better, especially if you hike that leg up to your knee." She demonstrated, getting a good bit of height, pushing herself a bit farther back on the board to land instead of jumping into the water. "Although when you jump, you'll be going right into the water... Change your glance from the water to the board as you jump, to make sure you don't land on the edge and flop. If you go farther back, you won't keep jumping. But, to jump in, give a few bounces, then push off towards the pool. Jump in as if you were acting like a pencil - being sure to point your toes and breathing out before you hit the water."

Taking a moment to make sure he got her directions, she gave him a small nod, walking to the end of the board. Once more giving a jump or two, she pushed off, making herself as straight as possible. Making sure to make her toes point as straight as possible, Rin felt her body collide with the water, taking a moment before surfacing and returning to the edge of the pool. "Wanna give it a go?"

Keirsta ~ Taimi
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: The Loyalist [closed]   Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:54 pm

The blond followed closely behind, taking Hye-Rin's hand as they got out, letting his hand linger for a moment before turning after her to the diving board. As she spoke, the blond compared both of their stances, only not moving forward before she began to demonstrate. With a brow raised, the blond made his way over to the front of the board just in time to watch her dive into the water, seeing a minimal splash. Would it matter how much he weighed versus how big his splash turns out to be?

That consideration fled from his mind as soon as Hye-Rin resurfaced, prompting him to try. It was in fact similar to a dive that he would do as a kid that his friends called 'the Pencil'. Because it looked exactly like one. Simple enough, he figured as he bounced on the board, watching his feet and inhaling deeply. With his best effort, Shepard gave another bounce and pushed himself off, pointing his feet and letting go of the air in his lungs.

As soon as his body hit the water, the water shot through his nose, causing him to splutter as soon as he broke the surface. To be completely honest, it probably the dive didn't look too good. "Okay, I think I might need to try again." His blue eyes peered through wet lashes. "You were right about the water up your nose."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: The Loyalist [closed]   Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:14 pm

She watched his dive, and honestly, he made less of a splash than she had anticipated. Her hand came up to cover her mouth and suppress the chuckle at his note about water going up his nose. "Yeah... the best time to exhale is honestly something you just have to find for yourself." For her... it was at the very last possible second. She still even flubbed it sometimes.

They practiced diving a few more times, Hye-Rin showing more and more praise as Shepard improved rather quickly. She'd offer him various critiques, show him from the side of the pool, and watch as he tried again. He got to a pretty good point. After awhile though, she could see the fatigue on Shepard's face, and she herself was even getting a bit tired from hitting the water so many times.

"I'm impressed. You're doing really well~! Let's take a break for a bit though... shall we?" She hummed, making sure Shep was able to get out of the water before striding over to where her things were and grabbing out a bottle of water. She made sure to offer one over to the blond, before opening hers and quickly downing it. Feminine or not, she could down a bottle of water super quickly.

Putting the empty bottle in the nearest recycling bin, Rin made her way back to the edge of the pool, humming a tune softly. Sitting on the edge and dipping her feet back in, she let her hum turn into actual words.

"... I can't tell where the journey will end, but I know where to start.
They tell me I'm too young to understand
They say I'm caught up in a dream
Well life will pass me by if I don't open up my eyes
Well that's fine by me.

So wake me up when it's all over
When I'm wiser and I'm older
All this time I was finding myself
And I didn't know I was lost..."

She felt herself getting lost in the music, closing her eyes as she sang and just enjoyed being by the poolside. The resonance in the mostly empty area carried her voice, making a rather pretty echoing effect.

"So wake me up when it's all over
And I didn't know I was lost

I tried carrying the weight of the world
But I only have two hands
I hope I get the chance to travel the world
But I don't have any plans
I wish that I could stay forever this young
Not afraid to close my eyes
Life's a game made for everyone
And love is the prize

So wake me up when it's all over
And I didn't know I was lost...

I didn't know I was lost~"

Keirsta ~ Taimi
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: The Loyalist [closed]   Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:17 pm

It was probably good that Hye-Rin had decided to call a break. Shepard was admittedly too stubborn to say that he was drained to continue. His nose was certainly cleared out by the number of times water had decided to make its way through it, certainly unaware of when he should exhale in order to prevent his nose from being filled with the chlorinated water--which burned. So when she praised him on his progression, then called for a break, Shepard did not hesitate to fling himself out of the pool, grateful to have water to drink rather than go in his nose.

The blond smiled and took the bottle from her, hands brushing for a moment as accepted the bottle. The water level fell slowly as Shepard took small sips, trying to avoid the sloshing feeling he would get from drinking water too fast. He had a feeling that a sloshy stomach would not be good for diving.

He blinked as she began to sing, Shepard too appreciating the echo that the pool offered. It wasn't his first time being around people singing. Joanna's family was full of musicians, and often when he visited someone would be practicing. Especially if they ever were by her brother's house. Shepard himself was a passible singer at best. He left most of the singing to Jo, though he was pretty good at the trumpet. Maybe that wasn't so surprising.

Instead, he flicked his unity link and set it to record. Shepard let it record, as she finished her song. Not cutting off the record before Shepard broke into a cheer, ending after his first 'woop!' Then sending to Esper in a moment's notice.

"That was soooo good, Rin!" The blond cheered, returning to her side, water bottle set to the side forgotten. "Have you tried maybe joining the band or starting one? The Sirens are pretty popular here, I'm sure they can't say no to a voice like that." The Autumn student seemed beyond enthusiastic, a bright grin on his face, lighting up the room.

http://beata.forumotion.com/t498-you-guys-public#1539
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Loyalist [closed]   

Back to top Go down

The Loyalist [closed]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Beata Academy :: Beata Campus :: Gymnasium :: The Pool-
Jump to: